T2 & T3 Unavailable for Skirmish

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
dtison
New user

T2 & T3 Unavailable for Skirmish

Post by dtison »

When starting a Skirmish, in version 3.3 and earlier, when you clicked on Select Map there was a menu selector for T1, T2 and T3.

In version 3.4.x, there is no way to select this for the skirmish you're creating.

It was a nice feature - was it removed or is there another way to select starting Technology?

Any setting to re-enable?

I tried to search this forum for other posts on this without success.

Thanks
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: T2 & T3 Unavailable for Skirmish

Post by Cyp »

Not completely sure, but I think the tech level selector is moved in with the rest of the game settings now, after selecting the map instead of before. There might even be a T4 now. It shouldn't be removed, at least.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

I see you didn't know where is to select the T1 to T4 :stressed: :
1. Start the game first. click the hosting button.
2. then you will see this:
select-Tech.png
it's didn't removed anyway. it's moved like #Cyp said, from map selection to game settings. it's new systems :3, but I think good, because in my opinion it is less visible when placed in the map selection, some times I forgot when in 3.3 to select tech :stressed: .
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
dtison
New user

Post by dtison »

Hi all

This is for anyone else with the same question -

after you click on Start Hosting Game, another Tech menu appears, and you can select 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Nice.

It's great this game continues to be maintained and improved. I discovered it back when it was Pumpkin.