Nexus A.I.

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
DemoneNero
New user

Nexus A.I.

Post by DemoneNero »

I'm just starting to learn the game so I use this nexus ai set on easy, my problem is that after a while it stops attacking me. Is this ai supposed to work this way?
By the way, is it possible to sea a VTOL to a specific rearming pad.
Thanks in advance

Edit:

I tried nexus ai on medium,it's even less aggressive
DemoneNero
New user

Re: Nexus A.I.

Post by DemoneNero »

I have the same problem with nullbot ai, after a while they stop attacking me
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

What version of WZ are you running (3.4.0?) and what OS are you running it on?
DemoneNero
New user

Post by DemoneNero »

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I'm running 3.4.0 with Windosw 7 ( 64 bit ).
I tried a game on hard with Nexus and finally it keeps attacking instead of just sitting there fortifying its positions
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Basically, Nexus is for completely new players. It's the worst AI and is more for training purposes than anything else. If
you want a more aggressive bot use BoneCrusher!, Cobra, or SemperFi. The NullBot AIs would be a realistic example
of fighting a human player with its adaption techniques and not as rash as the other bots.

I've also seen NullBot not attack. However, in those instances, the bot got defeated by its own unit regrouping logic and all the units got stuck in a tight place unable to fix their dilemma because the horde was too large.
DemoneNero
New user

Post by DemoneNero »

Thanks I'll try those A.I.s, even on hard it stops attacking after a while
howman
Greenhorn

Post by howman »

I built 3.4.1 on linux and it seems to me that my Nexus will play as hard as I set it first time through. But when I play a save I made Nexus retains what it had already built at that save point but builds no more so I end up with no new opposition and can win with trucks and mgtowers. So I just set up a new game each time and play serious. They are lighter but many, like ants!

I gave up on Cobra and Bonecrusher. I think I beat one in 20 by luck only. Find myself saying "what? Impossible!" alot, with grander embellishment of course :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

howman wrote: 01 May 2021, 18:34 I built 3.4.1 on linux and it seems to me that my Nexus will play as hard as I set it first time through. But when I play a save I made Nexus retains what it had already built at that save point but builds no more so I end up with no new opposition and can win with trucks and mgtowers. So I just set up a new game each time and play serious. They are lighter but many, like ants!
Nexus production is broken on 3.4.1 after loading saves (fixed in 4.0.0 beta1). You can get the latest release, 4.0.1, here.
ballsystemlord
New user

Post by ballsystemlord »

howman wrote: 01 May 2021, 18:34 I gave up on Cobra and Bonecrusher. I think I beat one in 20 by luck only. Find myself saying "what? Impossible!" alot, with grander embellishment of course :)
In 20min? What's your secret?