Ally AI players stealing my oil derricks

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Ally AI players stealing my oil derricks

Post by Project »

I'm so tired of AI allies stealing my oil derricks!

I did look for a force fire command, even searched it on the net, but could find no such command.

Do you have a solution for this?
Prot
Trained
Trained

Re: Ally AI players stealing my oil derricks

Post by Prot »

Try BoneCrusher - It has an algorithm for calculating its occupied oil, as well as determines the oil on the allied base, which would not be captured. And it also makes sure that if an allied truck is moving to an unoccupied oil point, it doesn't take that place.
btw: There is no force attack on allied buildings. But I also think it would be a good idea to introduce such an action.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

This could possibly be a feature request, allow players to build over oil derricks belonging to an AI ally. You might get an advantage by taking their oil, but it comes at the cost of weakening them
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Project
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Project »

Force fire command would solve this issue. This is a feature which is present in almost all modern RTS games; even command and conquer, a game which came out around the same time as warzone had it.

This feature may be abused by players however, as this would allow them to fire into the fog of war with artillery.
dedodgingese
New user

Post by dedodgingese »

Prot wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 15:06 Try BoneCrusher - It has an algorithm for calculating its occupied oil, as well as determines the oil on the allied base, which would not be captured. And it also makes sure that if an allied truck is moving to an unoccupied oil point, it doesn't take that place.
btw: There is no force attack on allied buildings. But I also think it would be a good idea to introduce such an action.
Excuse me bro but where is this bonecrusher? Is it in addons?
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

dedodgingese wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 07:00
Prot wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 15:06 Try BoneCrusher - It has an algorithm for calculating its occupied oil, as well as determines the oil on the allied base, which would not be captured. And it also makes sure that if an allied truck is moving to an unoccupied oil point, it doesn't take that place.
Excuse me bro but where is this bonecrusher? Is it in addons?
The latest version is available here: https://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php ... 45#p145839

It will also be bundled with the next Warzone 2100 release. If you'd like to test the latest development build, which has it included, you can get that here: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... ent-builds
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

The AI builds a comic amount of trucks, and then scouts the map for oil
I will reply as soon as possible.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

I think that the AI breaks the truck limit.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

When i play against the nexus AI, i notice that in the first 5 minutes, they have something like 10 trucks!