Play some larger maps

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Play some larger maps

Post by montetank »

iceman11a wrote: On this video I only build what was needed. to save power. When I took the 1st 4 oil rigs. Well watch the video.
And now.....its time, that you watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtndWJWHNw

Hello iceman 11a-sorry for my bad english in this vid. I hope, it will shows you, that the game doesn`t cheats.
To your vid again:
You were researching the researching of the researching (moduls) instead to upgrade your weapons. You had the idea after 6 minutes. Your vid is an excellent example how helpless the rocket halftracks are against cyborg flamers. You didn’t produce any cyborg at the beginning. Why? After 2:30 minutes you have 4 units (rockets) that’s all. No surprise, that you lost the game. I am sure-if you will follow my vid and try to make the same-you will win. 2 upgrades for the mg. 3 upgrades for the flamers. And one armour upgrade for the cyborgs and one for the halftracks. And don`t wait to long. As you said, the Nullbot will capture to much oil. After 10 minutes he will produce pythons. Attack him as soon as possible in this case. Have fun. And BTW-I had the same problems at the beginning. You are not the only one. But it isn`t fair, that you wrote in YouTube, that this game cheats ;-)
Regards

PS-Is the quality on youtube always so bad? I recorded with 60 F/ps in good quality :shock:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Few things, "it will shows you, that the game doesn`t cheats" - it will show you, that the game doesn`t cheat. "instead to upgrade your weapons" - instead of upgrading your weapons. Minor English parts but this can be fully understood and in the video.

quality is fine and was 720p. I hear maybe a laptop fan in the background? Iceman can't ask for more help from that.

p.s. don't take this as always destroy your research labs during an attack lol
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Tzeentch wrote: quality is fine and was 720p. I hear maybe a laptop fan in the background? Iceman can't ask for more help from that.
p.s. don't take this as always destroy your research labs during an attack lol
Hmm- i convert to YouTube format. And what i see is something different. Doesn`t matter. And no-i wanted to show, that all is possible in WZ. Next time i will destroy my command center.... :lol2:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Ok, thanks. That's not what I wanted to play. You said you wanted to make a vid on it, That's fine all so.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

iceman11a wrote:Ok, thanks. That's not what I wanted to play. You said you wanted to make a vid on it, That's fine all so.
Try it out. But that isn`t a rule to play in this way. Every map and the number of players needs another strategy. Thats the reason, WZ could never be a boring game :)

Regards
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

What the hell, I'll show you how I obliterate. Could give you new ideas
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

iceman11a wrote:Ok, thanks. That's not what I wanted to play. You said you wanted to make a vid on it, That's fine all so.
You did say in your first video that you didn't know how we "guys" could defeat nullbot in under 10 minutes :)

And in late game matches or "research war's", it helps to play with a nullbot as an ally. Take's off a bit of the researching burden so that you don't fall behind that much. Don't be surprised if you allies take your oil derricks though :wink:
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

To beat the AI, you have to grab as many derricks as possible.
I will reply as soon as possible.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

The AI normaly has like 3 derricks in the first minute.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

Its a good idea to spam trucks in the beginning of the game.