more shortcuts for hovers

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
montetank
Regular
Regular

more shortcuts for hovers

Post by montetank »

Maybe i am to stupid. What i need is a combination of Ctrl a (select all combat units) and Ctrl h (select hovers). I lost often my hover trucks with Ctrl h. My hovertrucks are not really usefull in a showdown. When i selected a combat hover and tried Ctrl z (similar units), The hover trucks where also selected. In short words: where is the shortcut for combat hover units? O_o
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Re: more shortcuts for hovers

Post by Rommel »

I agree, maybe needs some system like with cyborgs. Maybe just remove trucks from the propulsion selection because they have their own shortcut anyway.

The only way I can see propulsion shortcuts useful for trucks is if you have like some kind of divisions set up with all their support, like a heavy division with tracked tanks and trucks and like a light one with hover tanks and trucks... but really this does not seem like something people would be doing...
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Thanks for reading and your comment, Rommel. My headline is very bad. What i want to say is: Every second counts in the game. It happens often, that i want to retreat all my viper wheels, when i finished the cobra research:
So ctrl w and then ctrl r will also mark the trucks. But i want to retreat only my combat units. Makes me very nervous in the sea maps- there is no shortkey only for combathovers.
The shortcut ctrl h mark every hover. The shortkey "all similar units" = ctrl z will also mark the trucks. So-everytime i want to retreat my combat units i have to give the command shift T for the trucks. That is very unlogical. Trucks are not in the front of the battle. It would be more intelligent to exclude the trucks from the shortkeys. Maybe it is a question, how to create new shortkeys.

As so often-i have to say sorry for my bad schoolenglish.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

I understand perfectly what you mean, and really I think it is not a case of adding a new shortcut it is more of removing trucks from propulsion shortcuts so that the select all hovers shortcut (etc) would now exclude trucks.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder