Twin Assault Cannon Friendly Fire?

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Currahee
New user

Twin Assault Cannon Friendly Fire?

Post by Currahee »

Hello all

Long, long, time WZ fan. Just have a simple question, it seems that when I have a group of vehicles with Twin Assault Cannon, that they seem to damage each other. Sometimes to a considerable amount and I lose valuable exerpienced vehicles. I don't remember this in previous versions.

Am I missing something, or does the Twin Assault Cannon cause friendly fire? And if it does, are there others that do the same that I haven't noticed yet? (Besides artillery)
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Twin Assault Cannon Friendly Fire?

Post by NoQ »

Yes, some sorts of weapons like cannons or mortars do cause friendly fire, while others like rockets or bombs don't.
Currahee
New user

Post by Currahee »

Thanks NoQ, but I don't see this effect with any other cannon weapon besides the Twin Assault. I should test the regular single Assault Cannon but I usually skip past it to get to the twin. HPVC cannons don't, that's what my squads are usually equipped with. But as soon as I roll out a squad of Twin Assault Cannons they can be sitting outside of enemy fire (taking no enemy fire at all) and before I realize it I've lost some of them to the friendly fire since there is no audible warning that they're taking damage.

I'll have to do some additional testing to see if any other weapons do this, but I've seen this with both the windows and linux builds.

Thanks again
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

HPVs have little splash, so you normally don't notice that.
But even light cannons have a noticeable friendly fire (eg. when you come close to a building with light cannon viper halftracks and start shooting at it).
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

I dont think it is enough splash damage to be bad.
I will reply as soon as possible.