MG Borgs/Cyborgs in general

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
SexViperWheels
Rookie
Rookie

MG Borgs/Cyborgs in general

Post by SexViperWheels »

Have Cyborgs been buffed to a point of being almost overpowered? It seems in both Campaign and in Skirmishes that early MG Borg rushing decimates anything it encounters, especially base structs. I'm starting to consider them almost overpowered, because you can mass them cheaply in Campaign and run through a lot of missions with just MG (maybe lancer) Cyborgs, and maybe some artillery/sensors for hardpoints and bunkers. And in skirmish, you can literally win almost immediately by rushing bases with about 20-30 machinegun borgs. Even later on when MG borgs fall off, a super TK/Scourge Borg can rip through tiger tracks almost with ease. A large team of AG/TK/MR borgs on dense alloys 3 and auto repair could completely decimate a team of just about anything. The only thing that would be able to take them out quickly are VTOLs, but the TK/scourge borgs eat VTOLs like nothing. It kinda seems unfair, but maybe someone can prove me wrong.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: MG Borgs/Cyborgs in general

Post by NoQ »

And in skirmish, you can literally win almost immediately by rushing bases with about 20-30 machinegun borgs.
In skirmish you can do the same with mg viper wheels on 5th minute.
Also, Nexus AI never uses any anti-personnel stuff (with rare exceptions), so, yeah, cyborgs are the easiest way to defeat him, he can hardly damage them; always been that way.
In a real MP battle you easily kill most cyborgs with machinegun tanks, even though some cannon cyborg strategies are sometimes successful when enough time to prepare is given.
SexViperWheels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SexViperWheels »

Hmm really? In my experience, cannon borgs seem to barely tickle early-mid game, when you compare it to a Medium+ or HV cannon turret.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

SexViperWheels wrote:Hmm really? In my experience, cannon borgs seem to barely tickle early-mid game, when you compare it to a Medium+ or HV cannon turret.
If you can sneak a large group of them into an enemy base early it can all be over bar the shouting, you can get a lucky quick win in MP like this if the circumstances are right - beware MG or Flamer Borgs however, they will eat you for dinner :)
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

Borgs can easily be destroyed by flamers. Flamers will hit about 10-20 borgs at once with instant damage, think of it.
And half-tracks are so well protected from MG, that even 3-5 can whitstand against group of borgs.

Just think of "what can I do against them?" before starting topic about "thing X is owerpowered" :P