Is this possible

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Is this possible

Post by Rommel »

Today I was playing mp and I had a med body tank tmg from the enemy drive past about 10 hmg hardpoint in a line and not get destroyed - was about 20min into the game and there were mg upgrades I am pretty sure. all the hardpoints laid it on him as well... seems incredible...
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Is this possible

Post by NoQ »

Cobra TMG halftracks with 3 armor upgrades (available before DSLA, quite natural on the 20th minute) has 978 hit points and 28 armor.

HMG with 3 damage upgrades (all cheap and useful mg upgrades) has 29 damage. It deals 80% damage to halftracks, hence its damage is less then armor. This makes it do only 29*0.8*/3 damage every 0.7 seconds (assuming there were no ROF upgrades), which results in a DPS of around 11. Thus, in this case the tank can survive the fire of all these hardpoints for around 9 seconds.

Halftracks move at 1.17 tiles per second. Which means it can pass through 10.4 tiles before getting destroyed.

Now recall that those hardpoints, at least the ones at the border, couldn't have been shooting all the time (because HMG range is less than 10).

My conclusion, based on the above: a bit surprising, but quite possible.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

note: hardpoints cannot shoot through each other, so line of hardpoints have a 'blind' spots
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

It was like a vertical line along the side of my base :

North
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
South

and the tank drove north to south beside them, all on his lonesome under-fire from each
Seems to me absurd
~
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In fact, seeing a TMG tank in on the 20th minute of the game where you can afford building 10 hgm hardpoints in a row is already impossible.

P.S. in my calculations i didn't take accuracy into account. So a single tank would survive longer, i think, but it's a bit hard to calculate due to how weirdly accuracy works.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

TMG tanks on the 20th minute of the game can be useful in games where it's so easy to win that æsthetics takes precedence over function. Also, even if switching to HMG python halftracks, depending on the opponent, there can still be surviving MG viper wheels tanks, until getting really tired of them and setting them never to return to repair.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

NoQ wrote:In fact, seeing a TMG tank in on the 20th minute of the game where you can afford building 10 hgm hardpoints in a row is already impossible.
Not in NTW high oil, some peeps just churn out the units and do not bother to recycle due to the high casualty rate, it is not rare to see weaker units survive right to the end if the team has been dominating. This is what happened with me, unfortunately it was my team being dominated and my base had just been destroyed, yet I had some lines of HMG hardpoints on the flank of my base and for some strange reason this one droid drove up alongside the line (the rest of the army had avoided going past the line).

I am not going to mention names, but I have played against these guys before and often felt their armor was a little strong... you know after awhile you get a "feel" for what should happen in certain situations and for me when I play these guys I seem to be thinking "wow how did they survive that?" a lot.

Can't say for certain though because they are very good players and they might be just great researchers.

Just wondering, in regards to cheating, does the client (ie wz running on my computer) detect anomalous droid states and such from other players? Are there things in place to stop a user from altering his own version of WZ to top up a few stats?
Seems to me absurd
~
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Rommel wrote:Just wondering, in regards to cheating, does the client (ie wz running on my computer) detect anomalous droid states and such from other players? Are there things in place to stop a user from altering his own version of WZ to top up a few stats?
It should, because WZ is deterministic - each node in the game is working out what should be happening, so if someone does a research your computer is working out do they have the power for that, how long will it take, etc. That's assuming you're playing 3.1.0 and not earlier versions.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just wondering, in regards to cheating, does the client (ie wz running on my computer) detect anomalous droid states and such from other players? Are there things in place to stop a user from altering his own version of WZ to top up a few stats?
And here we start explaining it for the 574th time.
Please somebody make some FAQ on the new netcode or i make it myself.

In short: there's no cheating in 3.1.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

NoQ wrote: In short: there's no cheating in 3.1.
Iluvalar begs to differ. :wink:
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NoQ wrote:In fact, seeing a TMG tank in on the 20th minute of the game where you can afford building 10 hgm hardpoints in a row is already impossible.

P.S. in my calculations i didn't take accuracy into account. So a single tank would survive longer, i think, but it's a bit hard to calculate due to how weirdly accuracy works.
viper + cobra :75% short range, long range 50%
python : 100% SR, 50% LR
2x2 structures : 100% SR, 100% LR.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

Machineguns are not anti-tank, so it wouldnt have destroyed the tank so easily
I will reply as soon as possible.