Lag

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
User avatar
vexed
Inactive
Inactive
Posts: 2538
Joined: 27 Jul 2010, 02:07

Re: Lag

Post by vexed » 26 Feb 2013, 06:02

You can't compare builds done with different compilers, for obvious reasons, and that includes old builds that we made.

The only legitimate way to diagnose this is to profile the code, and see where the problem lies, everything else is just guessing.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Lag

Post by Reg312 » 26 Feb 2013, 08:07

vexed wrote:You can't compare builds done with different compilers, for obvious reasons, and that includes old builds that we made.

The only legitimate way to diagnose this is to profile the code, and see where the problem lies, everything else is just guessing.
i think if i download 3.1.0 installer and compare it with dloaded bugfixes branch installer - this comparison is correct, because both built with cross-compile stuff.

Pls can you show your results with testing map on different branches?

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Lag

Post by Reg312 » 26 Feb 2013, 20:48

Re-did tests
Now i tested it on my own windows builds (VS 2010, release mode, no debug, textures size 256, shadows off, screen shake off, shaders off, resolution 1280x720, fsaa off, vsync on)

1) git checkout v3.1_rc3
23-50 FPS avg. ~30

2) git checkout v3.1.0
30-50 FPS avg ~30

3) download 3.1.0 version from wz2100.net
6-9 FPS avg ~7

4) git checkout bugfixes
30-50 FPS avg ~35

5) download bugfixes version from buildbot.wz2100.net/files
30-50 FPS avg ~35

6) git checkout master
35-60 FPS avg ~40

all test were made at 1 PC, with same game settings (checked every time), with equal load of PC. all tests repeated several times.


So i think only release version 3.1.0 was sabotaged :)
FPS downgrade effect noticeable only in warzone dloaded from site.

Originway
Trained
Trained
Posts: 412
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 06:22

Re: Lag

Post by Originway » 26 Feb 2013, 21:10

how is that possible that only your windows and mac 3.1.0 releases have this issue?
there must be something missing
like I said before all versions run 60 for me

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Lag

Post by Reg312 » 26 Feb 2013, 21:18

Originway wrote:how is that possible that only your windows and mac 3.1.0 releases have this issue?
there must be something missing
like I said before all versions run 60 for me
do you tested it on special which i made (NTW_FPSTest, start with advanced bases etc.) ?
if you have stable 60 fps on that map then your PC is very good

Originway
Trained
Trained
Posts: 412
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 06:22

Re: Lag

Post by Originway » 26 Feb 2013, 21:23

yes followed your directions and yeah I have a 4.5ghz i7 SLI machine

User avatar
vexed
Inactive
Inactive
Posts: 2538
Joined: 27 Jul 2010, 02:07

Re: Lag

Post by vexed » 27 Feb 2013, 05:20

Reg312 wrote:Re-did tests
Now i tested it on my own windows builds (VS 2010, release mode, no debug, textures size 256, shadows off, screen shake off, shaders off, resolution 1280x720, fsaa off, vsync on)

1) git checkout v3.1_rc3
23-50 FPS avg. ~30

2) git checkout v3.1.0
30-50 FPS avg ~30

3) download 3.1.0 version from wz2100.net
6-9 FPS avg ~7

4) git checkout bugfixes
30-50 FPS avg ~35

5) download bugfixes version from buildbot.wz2100.net/files
30-50 FPS avg ~35

6) git checkout master
35-60 FPS avg ~40

all test were made at 1 PC, with same game settings (checked every time), with equal load of PC. all tests repeated several times.


So i think only release version 3.1.0 was sabotaged :)
FPS downgrade effect noticeable only in warzone dloaded from site.
The builds being made currently via buildbot are not the same builds that 3.1.0 was made--they use different compiler / libs.

Testing locally, I can't replicate the issue you are having.

When I have more free time, I will profile and see what the current status shows.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6226
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: Lag

Post by NoQ » 27 Feb 2013, 08:37

So it's all about #3830? :o

elmer22
New user
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 03:04

Re: Lag

Post by elmer22 » 27 Feb 2013, 16:36

I don't know what happend with the game but it lags all the time... (i mean multiplayer game only). In the past everything was allright, the game was fully fluent and now..? ALmost every multiplayer game lags. Lags are very big and its is very hard to play.

I think that it's not slow machines fault becouse i remember (it was on 3.1 rc3 i think) i played multiplayer game with ma friend. He had a little slow machine and on his computer the game wasn't so fast and some times freezes. In the same time game on my computer was fully fluence! So the conclusion is that game can lag on slow machines but only in that computer!

Maybe Wz 2100 3.1.0 has server problems or program bugs? I don't know :/

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Lag

Post by Reg312 » 27 Feb 2013, 20:20

Repeated same test on different PC (but on same OS win7 x64)
First PC i tested i5 3570 + geforce 450 gts
Second PC i tested amd_a10_5800 and integrated graphics (results below)

1) git checkout master (VS 2010 build)
17-27 FPS avg ~20

2) warzone 3.1.0 dowloaded from site wz2100.net
4-5 FPS avg ~5 ACHTUNG

3) bugfixes branch dloaded from BuildBot warzone2100-bugfixes-20130224-222218-940d3b0.exe 26-Feb-2013 21:05 71688231
12-25 FPS avg ~17


I recommend immediately replace 3.1.0 version with something another

User avatar
vexed
Inactive
Inactive
Posts: 2538
Joined: 27 Jul 2010, 02:07

Re: Lag

Post by vexed » 28 Feb 2013, 04:48

Locking this thread, and moving to viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10722&p=119030 with new test builds.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.

Locked