stuck in alpha_11

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
yeti
New user

stuck in alpha_11

Post by yeti »

i can not get through the first part of the mission. no matter how quick i am, every time i spot the lz the pickup takes away the tank carrying the artefakt.
i reach the valley asap, go up the ramp ne. any clues?
and, before anybody asks, yes i read the walkthru. maybe i didn't get the instructions right.

using zw 2.3.3.0/windows
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Re: stuck in alpha_11

Post by Outlaw325 »

yeti wrote:i can not get through the first part of the mission. no matter how quick i am, every time i spot the lz the pickup takes away the tank carrying the artefakt.
i reach the valley asap, go up the ramp ne. any clues?
and, before anybody asks, yes i read the walkthru. maybe i didn't get the instructions right.

using zw 2.3.3.0/windows
nevermind, saw that bit in your post about the walkthrough. Basically, send 2 trucks along with a load of HMGs and Lancer tanks. Send the lancers and trucks into the valley, and put up some (2, rarely 3 given the time you get) Lancer bunkers. Use the HMGs to keep the scavs busy, and the lancer tanks to provide extra fire support to the bunkers. Make sure the lancer bunkers are roughly in line with the entrance to the ramp leading onto the plateau, and you should get them all. I don't know how you can fail if you're following the walkthrough, though, since I had ample time to waste the tanks.
Last edited by Outlaw325 on 24 Aug 2010, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Overkill- So rarely needed, so often fun.
RBL-WARDOG
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-WARDOG »

you have to hurry up and go into the valley and head toward's your left and kill those enemy tanks. what your doing is killing them b4 they can get back to the base and have it in the air. if i remember right, it only takes 1 extra load tanks to defeat it. don't watse your time killing the outpost.
FREEDOM for the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

It says to stop any tanks from escaping, and a red dot blinks.

I go to the red dot, make sure no tanks drive off the map (never mind the enemy tanks driving past, since they weren't trying to drive off the map, so I could worry about them later). Another red dot then lit up, top right. I send tanks there too, make sure nothing drives off the map there either.

There seems to be a bit too much defense at the top, so I quickly take out everything left on the map, with mortars (except for two towers that were out of range).

I then rush in with an army to check that there's nothing left, find an artifact next to an LZ (that I didn't know was there). I pick up the artifact and take out the remaining two towers, so there's no enemies left on the map, and start heading back, expecting it to say "Return to LZ", or for it to say the mission was successful, since there's nothing left to do there.

An enemy transport then comes to the empty enemy LZ, I cover the LZ with tanks so it can't land, it lands on top of my tanks, I knock it down to 1 HP, but can't destroy it, and it flies off again, empty, and it says "Enemy escaping". (What enemy‽ There was no enemy left...)

Very confusing...

The only way to win is to enable debug mode, wait for the transport to arrive, and use "get off my land" to destroy it... The lancers can't finish it off completely.
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

Cyp wrote:It says to stop any tanks from escaping, and a red dot blinks.

I go to the red dot, make sure no tanks drive off the map (never mind the enemy tanks driving past, since they weren't trying to drive off the map, so I could worry about them later)
Those tanks driving past are the ones you're MEANT to shoot. No tanks drive off the map, they grab the artifact and run back to their LZ. Kill them before they can even think about climbing the 'ramp' to their LZ, and you should pass the mission fine (after destroying everything else on the map afterwards, of course!)
Overkill- So rarely needed, so often fun.
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

Generally, if you head directly north from your LZ with a sensor, youll note a formation of tanks moving east. This is the group you need to stop.. From there, its up to you to figure out what needs to be done :p
Ubermad
Trained
Trained

Post by Ubermad »

i just place my tanks in front of the enemy tanks and block their path. my tanks just slaughter the enemy tanks and then its time to return to the LZ. Done. :)
yay, lolcakez! *omnomnomnom*
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I always headed to the eastern part of the Canyon, there there are two ramps, one comes around the the back of the LZ, the other to the front.
I think due to tank traps, they always take the one that goes around back, anyway, I block them both, kill the tanks, take the artifact.
I've never failed for having a tank drive off the map.... only for having them escape via transport
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Cyp wrote:I go to the red dot, make sure no tanks drive off the map (never mind the enemy tanks driving past, since they weren't trying to drive off the map, so I could worry about them later).
Those ARE the ones trying to get off the map. You need to stop them.