My thoughts about game balance

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
jajcodupa
New user

My thoughts about game balance

Post by jajcodupa »

Patch from awhile ago reworked a ton of stuff.
I like some of the changes, i managed to beat alpha and beta on insane, however im stuck in mission where my units are getting absorbed in gamma.
There were so many balance changes that straight up buff ai and nerf player that i cant survive absorption and attacks for time needed to do research, as im running out of money around time where 1st out of 3 research is done.
What do you think? gamma too hard or i suck and need to git gut?

What i don't like is kills farming. It was always worst part of warzone, and while it wasnt nether necessary, or even helpful as just playing without worrying that your units die would let you finish insane without single reload, which wasnt the case if you tried having hero squad.

Right now rookie units are effectively useless and I feel like im getting forced into kills farming, and having to reload after a single lost unit. That's not fun.
Lowering experience bonuses to units and lowering ai buffs from difficulty so that hero units would stay roughly same as they are but rookies can still do something would make skipping farming kills viable and game would be more fun. Disadvantage of this solution is just that your average kill farmer will have first 4-5 alpha missions easier.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: My thoughts about game balance

Post by alfred007 »

jajcodupa wrote: Patch from awhile ago reworked a ton of stuff.
I like some of the changes, i managed to beat alpha and beta on insane, however im stuck in mission where my units are getting absorbed in gamma.
There were so many balance changes that straight up buff ai and nerf player that i cant survive absorption and attacks for time needed to do research, as im running out of money around time where 1st out of 3 research is done.
What do you think? gamma too hard or i suck and need to git gut?
Thank you very much for your feedback. Very important for Gamma 5 is a good preparation during Gamma 1 and 3. You should build some defenses at the spawn points and also a lot of artillery within reach of these spawn points. You should also have five factories and research facilities. Immediately after Gamma 5 starts you should recycle all your combat units to avoid absorption from Nexus and work only with your trucks. Your trucks rebuild every absorbed/eliminated factory/research facility/defensive structure. Every researched part of the artifact makes some units immune to absorption. Read the info in the Intelligence Display. A new competition with Insane difficulty is effective power management. You can't store unlimited power (with Insane difficulty 12,000 in Alpha, 14,000 in Beta, and 16,000 in Gamma campaign) so you have to plan when you spend where and for what your power. With a bit of bad luck Nexus may absorb or eliminate your trucks and factories faster than you can rebuild them. So you should save the game at the end of Gamma 4 or at the very beginning of Gamma 5.
jajcodupa wrote: What i don't like is kills farming. It was always worst part of warzone, and while it wasnt nether necessary, or even helpful as just playing without worrying that your units die would let you finish insane without single reload, which wasnt the case if you tried having hero squad.

Right now rookie units are effectively useless and I feel like im getting forced into kills farming, and having to reload after a single lost unit. That's not fun.
Lowering experience bonuses to units and lowering ai buffs from difficulty so that hero units would stay roughly same as they are but rookies can still do something would make skipping farming kills viable and game would be more fun. Disadvantage of this solution is just that your average kill farmer will have first 4-5 alpha missions easier.
With the consequent use of commander(s) xp farming isn't necessary, your commander(s) will automatically gain enough xp to become Hero units latest at the beginning of the Gamma campaign. And with a Hero commander, all attached units are getting Hero bonuses.
Here's again a short explanation about the benefits of a commander:
The attachment Commander.png is no longer available
Commander.png