Beta Sub 2 - 6 on Insane is basically impossible

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Ant1989
Greenhorn

Beta Sub 2 - 6 on Insane is basically impossible

Post by Ant1989 »

I have beaten the insane campaign before but now it's impossible. I don't know how to do this mission anymore. It's the mission just after you take the NASDA Central. Before you're able to send the second wave of reinforcements, the enemy attack with a large wave of units from three sides, which wouldn't be that bad if they didn't bring a radar in the back that allows for every single indirect defense to strike my units, and since it's from every side, it's basically impossible to keep them away from the LZ while I bring more units.

I tried to strike fast trying to destroy their production bases, but a few seconds into the mission a wave of cyborgs comes from the right which stalls me, and sincerely after trying a few times, I think it's not the bases that produce those units, I think they are already spawned and triggered to attack me all the once. I remember beating it by a miracle month ago (before giving up at the last beta mission because I wasn't prepared enough to deal with the relentless VTOLs), I remember after some time they simply gave up and went back giving me space to call reinforcements. whatever if someone has any idea of how to beat it, I'm all ears.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Beta Sub 2 - 6 on Insane is basically impossible

Post by alfred007 »

Rushing is your death because it activates all attack groups and all factories. Like in Gamma 1 you should stay near your LZ. If you can load your transport fast enough your first transport should arrive when the northwestern group attacks you. During your waiting time for the first reinforcements, you should build some repair facilities near your LZ and Howitzer emplacements in the southwest corner. Don't build them too close to each other because the splash damage of the Collective's Howitzer emplacements will then destroy too many at once. Also, build only a sensor or CB tower earliest after your second transport arrived. I'm currently discussing some changes for the level with Kjeff (here in the forum known as Berserk Cyborg) on Discord. Maybe we increase the queue until the attack groups are starting.
Ant1989
Greenhorn

Post by Ant1989 »

alfred007 wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 12:10 Rushing is your death because it activates all attack groups and all factories. Like in Gamma 1 you should stay near your LZ. If you can load your transport fast enough your first transport should arrive when the northwestern group attacks you. During your waiting time for the first reinforcements, you should build some repair facilities near your LZ and Howitzer emplacements in the southwest corner. Don't build them too close to each other because the splash damage of the Collective's Howitzer emplacements will then destroy too many at once. Also, build only a sensor or CB tower earliest after your second transport arrived. I'm currently discussing some changes for the level with Kjeff (here in the forum known as Berserk Cyborg) on Discord. Maybe we increase the queue until the attack groups are starting.
Fine, you are right. But I still had to get lucky to kill the radar tanks as they came (first and second, third and later weren't accompanied by too many tanks, more like a few cyborgs), being under those ground shakers make it impossible to survive for too long, and the radars have a big range so they get far behind the front line to be easily sniped. This mission is far worse than the next mission. I'd remove the radar tanks, or postpone their appearance until 10 minutes into the stage when the player would have enough reinforcements to fight the way to the radars.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

@Ant1989 please try this mod, we made a few adjustments for this level. The southeast cyborg group will now compromise the LZ after 5 minutes with Normal difficulty that means they start after 3.5 minutes with Insane difficulty. The northwest group starts its march still after 2 minutes with Insane difficulty and will arrive more or less at the same time as your first reinforcement transport. You should use three trucks. One builds some repair facilities near your LZ, one builds Howitzer emplacements in the southwest corner, and one builds some Assault Gun bunker east of your LZ to stop the cyborg group. You shouldn't build CB tower before your second reinforcement transport arrives. Good luck and have fun.
camBalance.wz
(303.62 KiB) Downloaded 168 times