Best weapon

Post by Shozz22 »

Best weapons in final gamma campaign?
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Best weapon

Post by alfred007 »

Mixed group with Scourge Missiles and Pulse Laser on Retribution Hover tanks.
Shozz22
Trained
Trained

Post by Shozz22 »

Without rail gun?
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Yup, without Rail Guns.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

At last walkthrough attempt, at 3.x version, I used tracked retribution with scourge and lasers for direct fire. Angels are good even after archangel research, thanks to its weight and behaviour more like MRA. It's also questionable, if defender deprecates avenger AA, because avenger is also lightweight weapon. Also I did not try it at insane level - if you manage to get some corridor filled with nexus ground units, than rail/gauss guns could be a friend. Considering damage / armor balance between you and nexus adjusted for enemy advanatage, higher guns HP could be also useful.

And last - why tracks not hovers:
Nexus bodies proved to be as fast as NP or even faster. Unlike how it was in begining with project bodies, retribution or nemesis with tracks has little difference in speed with hovers, which is enough to successfully pursue units, retreating for repair, which is enough to score at least few certain kills from all attacked group. And if previously I had to use mantis for same speed, there's no more need to sacrifice speed or resort to hovers, which are of course fastest, yet drifting.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

nick87720z wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 14:22 At last walkthrough attempt, at 3.x version, I used tracked retribution with scourge and lasers for direct fire. Angels are good even after archangel research, thanks to its weight and behaviour more like MRA. It's also questionable, if defender deprecates avenger AA, because avenger is also lightweight weapon. Also I did not try it at insane level - if you manage to get some corridor filled with nexus ground units, than rail/gauss guns could be a friend. Considering damage / armor balance between you and nexus adjusted for enemy advanatage, higher guns HP could be also useful.

And last - why tracks not hovers:
Nexus bodies proved to be as fast as NP or even faster. Unlike how it was in begining with project bodies, retribution or nemesis with tracks has little difference in speed with hovers, which is enough to successfully pursue units, retreating for repair, which is enough to score at least few certain kills from all attacked group. And if previously I had to use mantis for same speed, there's no more need to sacrifice speed or resort to hovers, which are of course fastest, yet drifting.
A huge revamp of the campaign balance started with version 4.1.1 and is now finished with the release of version 4.2.0-beta1. So, a lot of what you knew is no longer valid. And about speed: Tracked units can't move faster than 0.98 tiles per second while hover units move with 1.56 tiles per second.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Yeah, I lready got it trying new campaigns with fresh git (got just yesterday) - both alpha and beta. As for beta - increase in bunker cannon ROF is great. At least beta intro video (just before sending transport to beta) - it features rather auto-cannons at own base walls, but these turn out to be rather medium cannons than light (could it seriously be 70mm with such ROF even in canon?). In multiplayer - increase in vtol weapons range and rof is also great (assault cannon is awesome). Well, there are too much more notes about strange things I would rather write in proper topic (scavanger flamer outranging their MG tower - what must be smoked in order to write this :/ ))), may be incendiary cannon shells would be more logical, also plasma launcher is too generic as plasma cannon is also launcher - may be plasma howitzer is better ).
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

nick87720z wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 09:17 Yeah, I lready got it trying new campaigns with fresh git (got just yesterday) - both alpha and beta. As for beta - increase in bunker cannon ROF is great. At least beta intro video (just before sending transport to beta) - it features rather auto-cannons at own base walls, but these turn out to be rather medium cannons than light (could it seriously be 70mm with such ROF even in canon?). In multiplayer - increase in vtol weapons range and rof is also great (assault cannon is awesome). Well, there are too much more notes about strange things I would rather write in proper topic (scavanger flamer outranging their MG tower - what must be smoked in order to write this :/ ))), may be incendiary cannon shells would be more logical, also plasma launcher is too generic as plasma cannon is also launcher - may be plasma howitzer is better ).
You can find my detailed changelog of the campaign balance changes here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16520#p148588
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Thanks, alfred007. New thread would be more appropriate for discussion.