TheMouseMaster's 3.4.1 Semi-Commentary Campiagn Walkthrough and strategy Guide. (STILL done with red units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

TheMouseMaster's 3.4.1 Semi-Commentary Campiagn Walkthrough and strategy Guide. (STILL done with red units)

Post by themousemaster »

Alright, my 2nd attempt, a mere decade after the first, of getting a start-to-finish guide out for this game has officially begun. This time, I'm going with the more modern "Youtube" format, though me drawing on the screen will still be present, since... I enjoy it ;p

The playlist can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MvmE98nhIh

new videos will be made available Mondays and Fridays, as long as history doesn't repeat and I end up in the hospital again or whatnot.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Re: TheMouseMaster's 3.4.1 Semi-Commentary Campiagn Walkthrough and strategy Guide. (STILL done with red units)

Post by Counter Back »

Well, great, you made a tutorial / guide for this game, Yes we need some "new" stuff for that. and some People made it before you, but he didn't update it again a few years ago (and he used 2.3.x when making it on youtube). sometimes beginners or some people can't complete the campaign in this game, and report it.

and pretty bored when playing multiplayer, because most hosts only choose maps with blocky maps, blocky maps are mainly about defense units / strategies, only play with full oil, and the form of the map is only a box with little or no terrain that is difficult to pass. get through. seen in battle. and the team has no plans, and is just using each other's strategies.

I haven't played multiplayer from the previous month until now, because I like low or medium oil maps and for high oil I don't too like it.

and trying to end the wz2100 campaign with strategy others people or little with my own

sorry if you find any mistake, I am is not very good english speaker
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Re: TheMouseMaster's 3.4.1 Semi-Commentary Campiagn Walkthrough and strategy Guide. (STILL done with red units)

Post by themousemaster »

Series is finished. any chance this can get pinned? ;p
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

themousemaster wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 02:00 Series is finished. any chance this can get pinned? ;p
Amazing work. Pinned!
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Enjoyed watching. Would like to also see videos by the side showing what happens when you don't prepare the mission before, now that'd be amusing.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

I'd also request a single special episode ... covering the cheats which you can enable, just like on the PS1 Original game. Today we play Alpha-1.. using Ground shaker

After watching the series it has given me a few ideas and 1 specific story-line Q.

On the story dialogue videos.

Beta mission-10: The purpose of this mission is to establish a "Safe Haven" but this goes completely unused during the actual evacuation to Gamma base. Wonder why that was? :hmm:

For insane difficulty, how about a built in player structure limit, along with a maximum build radius, and no automatic power calculations adding to your total just like it was on PS1. I also wonder whether the original Pumpkin guys were contemplating a sequel given the ending and how that would've gone.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Other than me... "inserting" David-of-Alpha in my playthrough, I don't really have any input on the game's design or it's storyline. You may wish to head to the Warzone Discord channel, and post any ideas to them. That said, as the game is several decades old now, I'm not expecting much changes.

And I'm not looking to expand the video series, as it is now on an old version. At the rate I'm doing them... maybe I'll do another series in 2030 ;p
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Post by Pangaea »

themousemaster wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 02:36 Alright, my 2nd attempt, a mere decade after the first, of getting a start-to-finish guide out for this game has officially begun.
Thanks a million for doing this. Watched through the whole Alpha campaign, and then tried the game again. However, it's about 10x more difficult now. I hope you won't wait another 10 years to try out the current version of the game. It's almost like an entirely new game now, due to how different the balance is. A video series by a knowledgeable player would be glorious for the plebs among us who kinda suck at the game now.

Also, I hope Cristine had a full jug of water on her desk. Her throat must be mighty sore from all those repeated lines every 5-10 seconds for 2 hours straight :hmm: