Difficulty of Campaign

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
schildi
New user

Difficulty of Campaign

Post by schildi »

Dear all,

I came in contact with warzone2100 roughly 10-15 years ago. I remember how much trouble and difficulty I had with the campaign at that time, often reloading, trying different strategies or weapons.

Recently, nostalgia bit me. I installed warzone again, my Linux distribution offering me 3.2.1. I played through the campaign on normal difficulty and at one point it struck me: This is way easier than I remembered. After defeating Dr. Reed, I took the liberty to revisit beta-campaign.

I deliberatly limited myself to the following setup: 10 heavy body lancers, 10 heavy body aa and 8 hover-repair-turrets. I also did not build any defensive structures except aa (2 exceptions: in beta-1 I had to use 30 lancers - "nicht einmal eine Spitfire kann an zwei Orten zugleich sein and for the last beta mission I needed some ripple rockets). This setup was used both in away missions and when defending home-turf. With this setup I easily defeated all of the collective without a single lost tank.

My question is: could it be that advances within multi-player games have thrown the campaign completely off balance?

Kind regards,
Jonathan
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Difficulty of Campaign

Post by alfred007 »

My question is: could it be that advances within multi-player games have thrown the campaign completely off balance?
No. Multiplayer and campaign are having separate balance files. There are a lot of improvements since 3.2.1. You can get version 3.3.0 for Linux from here. Try insane difficulty and the game will become much more difficult. But be careful, you play on your own risk. :wink: