Ground Shaker VS Hellstorm

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Ground Shaker VS Hellstorm

Post by matthewfarmery »

I'm wondering what people's opinions are on these two for the campaign? and which you prefer and why?

I'm currently using 10 ground shakers in Gamma 1, I find that the heavy hitting units (even though they do have a slow reload) are really damaging.

I tested destroying two fortresses, with 5 units each, the group of ground shakers won by a narrow margin. And yes the Ground shakers do have a bit better range.

I also noticed you dont need to attach any mortars and howitzers to sensors anymore, just build a sensor near a base, and the artillery will start firing. I am fairly sure in older builds, you needed to attach artillery to sensors to make them work. I quite like the change, especially when you dont need the artillery that close to the enemy base. (or has it already been like that? I dont remember, as its been a long time since I last played this game.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if it worth sticking with ground shakers or switch to hellstorm? or maybe have 5 of each?

Thoughts? suggestions?

thanks in advance
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: Ground Shaker VS Hellstorm

Post by Black Project »

Stick with the Hellstorm. It vastly outmatches the Ground Shaker when it comes down to DPS department (damage per second). Once you research the Howitzer Fast Loader upgrade later on, it becomes a total monster.

The Ground Shaker is negligibly cheaper (350$ vs 400$) and has a greater range than the Hellstorm (78.125 vs 54,6875‬ tile distance), but that's it.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Re: Ground Shaker VS Hellstorm

Post by matthewfarmery »

OK thanks for that, I will switch to hellstorm. Yes the extra range is nice, but if hellstorm can out DPS ground shaker, that is good. Also hellstorm will / should be useful for fast moving units like cyborgs. So anyway thanks for that, unless anyone else has some opinions on the two?