Alpha 7 (Establish forward base): same finishing problem

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Alpha 7 (Establish forward base): same finishing problem

Post by nick87720z »

I it last reported for 3.1beta1. When i played 3.1 release, i completed it, as well as all campaign. But i face it again. This time with any combination of base buildings on new base (factory, lab, generator, command research center). Also, after some time point i decided to create coverage command for enemy units, dropped out of plato, and with tank traps i don't expect any escaped units. In one old russian discussion someone wrote either build defences or keep some unit on each drop points, but 1 - it was useless, and 2 - in 3.1 was not necessary.

p.s. Strange, extension xz is not allowed. Tried first to pack it as .tar.xz.
Attachments
campaign.zip
files for "nick" checkpoint
(63.81 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
Mezolitik
New user

Re: Alpha 7 (Establish forward base): same finishing problem

Post by Mezolitik »

Hi all,

Just made an account to report the same issue. I'm completely trapped in this mission. I can't even cheat out of it as the level skip and 'kill all' cheats are not functioning; the former isn't recognized and the latter activates but does nothing.

Is there any way at all to get through (or re-start) this mission? My last master save is at the beginning of the previous mission :(
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Mezolitik wrote:Hi all,

Just made an account to report the same issue. I'm completely trapped in this mission. I can't even cheat out of it as the level skip and 'kill all' cheats are not functioning; the former isn't recognized and the latter activates but does nothing.

Is there any way at all to get through (or re-start) this mission? My last master save is at the beginning of the previous mission :(
Come on- I dont want to read this "Cheat" What is your problem in Alpha 7 (it isnt Alpha 7 by the way ). Try to explain what your problem is-i will help. The forward base? In Alpha? You are speaking about the enemy-transporters? What is the time limit? Tell me, so i will know which mission you are speaking about. To cheat is something for people who dont want to play like professionells. There is a solution in every mission. What is your problem?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Mezolitik
New user

Post by Mezolitik »

Thanks for the reply. And it is Alpha 7: "You have to build a base on the plateau to help keep The New Paradigm out of this zone. They turn up in their transports to try and stop you from doing so."

I don't want to cheat on the mission; that wasn't my point. My concern is that I can't complete the mission at all - with or without cheating. As Nick (above) said, the game simply doesn't recognize that a base has been constructed on the plateau and keeps sending enemy units until the timer expires.

I'm gonna try again, and get some screenshots.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

You have not to build a a base. Thats wrong. Build only 4 base structures. It is enough to build a power-station+ 2 repair towers+ 1 sensor tower. Some defense structures-and thats it. The problem it the lost enemy unit at the first landing- i will show you what can happend in this mission in a screenshot.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Little correction, version is 3.1.1. When finishing stage began, i bit less than half of hour remained. Built factory, lab, generator and command post on place of existed paradigm base, and defence lines near of two distant LZ — same as always. Some units are landed out of plato — just near of primary base, but they are took out (first minirocked APC — as i like to call such light vehicles landed near of first completed scavanger base with factory, but it did not prodeed to plato, instead staying between this and previous dericks). For others i quickly added lancer tank patrol.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Thanks, montetank... not sure, what exactly happened — what you described or something else...
All requirements where sitisfied, excepting sensor, which where placed rather behind of RL walls near of each random LZ, including one just near of base, placed enough far to be out of base. As usually i catched one tank, dropped out of plato just between main base and second oil derick... mission finished just after yet another drop, whose squad tried to get out of plato (though i built tank traps for that).

One problem is indeed — there is no info, what mains such so called "forward base". Looks more like forward outpost. May be to described this moment in texgt description? (what is enough).
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

One problem is indeed — there is no info, what mains such so called "forward base". Looks more like forward outpost. May be to described this moment in texgt description? (what is enough).
Could you propose a better description? I'm now in the process of fixing any issues with the campaign, so i could make use of your input.

Here is the piece of code (from cam1ca.slo) that controls this victory condition, for reference:

Code: Select all

//need to build an extra 4 structures (not walls!)
trigger winLoseTrig2((numStructsButNotWallsInArea(player, 7360, 5696, 10688, 8640) >= startStruc + 4), 20);
By the way, right now the briefing movie says "build defensive structures", but in fact the code for counting defensive structures is commented out (removed by developers of the original 1.x game, i guess, as actually none of this code was significantly touched since then). We may be unable to fix the movie (need voice acting for that).
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Since this base is supposed to secure the area, it could include factory (must have for any base, imho), repair facilities, and there should be either some combat units or enough defensive buildings to defeat reinforcements (more exact list may include at least one of each - AP and anti-tank (artillery and flamers may be considered AP, since it indeed deals good damage for cyborgs).

In this case text could include additionally: "You will need a factory, repair facility, sensor and some anti-personnel and anti-tank defences". It is ideal, imho. Currently it could be: "Build a sensor and some repair facilities to be able to withstand enemy attacks".
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

nick87720z wrote: "Build a sensor and some repair facilities to be able to withstand enemy attacks".
Yes-the briefings are often very bad. But i am happy to see, that you solve this mission :) Maybe somebody else is reading this, so here are 2 screenshots. At first: It is important to give the transporters "a chance" for landing. Prepare Alpha 7 in mission 6-build 4 base structers (green)-doesn`t matter what. Second: In the LZ 2,3,4 (blue-i cant zoom out nr.4) build 3-5 defense structures-thats enough.
Third, and thats the most important: No structers or units at LZ 1!! (red). Place your units under a repair-fac. And thats it. After 30 sec. the transporter will land here. Destroy the enemy units, build quickly a defense structure here and the mission is solved. I need 3-5 minutes for this mission. By the way-you will have the same problem in Alpha 10 if you place to much defense structers at the landingzones, the transporters won`t land. Let one of the LZ i marked with the arrows "free"-10 scavs will land, and that should be no problem. At the other LZ will land Tanks and bombers. Prepare it in the missions earlier. Build here many lancer/Cannon hardpoints. Thats it. Sorry for my english.

Regards
Attachments
Alpha 10
Alpha 10
Alpha10.PNG (173.39 KiB) Viewed 22346 times
Alpha 7
Alpha 7
wz2100-20150123_160352-CAM_1C.png (511.41 KiB) Viewed 22346 times
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

I can confirm I've had this mission bug on me as well, not sure what causes it because it seems to be an intermittent issue that doesn't always occur and before you say it no it isn't due to units being left on the map somewhere because I checked that with the deity cheat to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

while it is possibles to pass the mission it can be a little hit and miss and I sometimes I have to repeat the mission a couple of times before it will complete correctly which is why I always save at the end of the previous mission just in case the mission bugs its also why I do most of the building for this mission at the end of the previous mission so that if the mission does bug i done have to start rebuilding everything from scratch again

there definitely seems to be some sort of issue what usually happens to me is at the end of the previous mission I'll build up defences on the plato and I'll also build a couple of tank and cyborg factories and a couple of repair points so in theory the mission in question should end instantaneously because I have already met the mission requirements before I even start the mission the game however doesn't seem to like this and doesn't seem to register that I have already built my base at the end of the previous mission

another possible cause for this is that my defences are so heavy on the plato that as soon as The New Paradigm land they are instantaneous wiped out because there is so much fire coming down on there position but sometimes this rapid destruction of the enemy seems to lock up the mission and the little red indicator that shows where the enemy is landing doesn't vanish like it should after you kill the enemy its almost like you are killing the enemy so fast that the game isn't registering the fact that they are dead and therefore either sending in more troops or ending the mission
ptizoom
New user

Post by ptizoom »

guess one need to build 7+ structures to pass CAM1_CA; this should be explained?

as seen in v4.0.0 /usr/src/warzone2100/data/base/script/campaign/cam1ca.js:
//See if we have enough structures on the plateau area and toggle
//the green objective blip on or off accordingly.
function baseEstablished()
{
//Now we check if there is stuff built here already from cam1-C.
if (camCountStructuresInArea("buildArea") >= 7)
{
if (blipActive)
{
blipActive = false;
hackRemoveMessage("C1CA_OBJ1", PROX_MSG, CAM_HUMAN_PLAYER);
}
return true;
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

indeed the requirements for this mission where tweaked during are work on fixing the campaign

the requirements for this mission are now to build at least 7 structures and then to kill about 10 or 11 drop ships worth of enemy this change was made on purpose to stop people from ending the mission instantly.

Also all enemy units must be destroyed otherwise the level wont end it used to be that sometimes when the drop ship landed it would drop one of the units off the cliff and this would prevent the level ending but I believe this was fixed so all units should always exit the transport on the plateau now.