The game is too hard

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: The game is too hard

Post by Forgon »

matthewfarmery wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 18:57 I'm now ran into another issue, I'm on the first beta mission, for some reason I can't build anymore trucks, I've brought 40 units from alpha, (no trucks) I tried to recycle the two trucks on the first mission, to make them hover, but it saying that I can't build anymore. Yet it will allow me to build more tanks, I dont know what what is wrong, so it seems that the unit limit for trucks is different for offensive units? [...]
You should be able to use up to 15 trucks. Could you upload a savegame
from the end of the Alpha campaign so that we can investigate further?
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

I built 15 trucks in the alpha campaign, however, when moving to the beta campaign, it seems that the truck unit limit isn't reset. If I recycle some trucks in alpha, say 5, I can build 5 in beta. But I would have assumed, the unit limit would have been reset whem moving from campaign to campaign? So it seems, it is still getting the unit limit from the last mission.

Anyway, I have included three saves, between alpha and beta, one in beta with 2 trucks, and one in beta with no trucks. As it stands, this will make things very annoying, if things remain as they are.
Attachments
campaign.rar
(137.6 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

The limit is working as intended. The game doesn't forget you have trucks waiting to be potentially picked up in Alpha. Otherwise a player could build more trucks up to double of the limit. If you need trucks so badly then you should bring a few of them onto the first transporter load.

Of course, if a player already has the limit achieved (15) then they could own 18 trucks if all the other trucks from Alpha are brought in since Beta base already contains 3 trucks repairing the nearby weakened structures. Which leads to forcing the player to recycle a few extra trucks to build more in this situation. A potential fix would be to remove the trucks from the Beta 1 map as it gets entered but that seems like a bad idea since those trucks are repairing the base.

BTW, I would like to point out this is an old necrobumped thread by a different user. Any new discussions/questions should be put into new topics.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

Sorry didn't realise it was a necro post. I understand the the hard cap of 15 is indented, but then again, it does mean, you have to realise in advance, that there is a cap of 15, and that that cap does carry over between missions. Even though the current game version doesn't tell you that. Which is part of the problem, if you not played it in a while. or if you are new too the game.

Now that I know that that is the case, I will reload from an earlier save, recycle all those trucks so I can build them again in beta. But will beta two reset the cap, if I do win the mission without any trucks?

Well anyway, If I run into anymore issues, I will start a new thread, perhaps this topic should be locked then?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

matthewfarmery wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 13:43 Now that I know that that is the case, I will reload from an earlier save, recycle all those trucks so I can build them again in beta. But will beta two reset the cap, if I do win the mission without any trucks?
Yep. All units not brought into a new campaign by the end of a transition mission will be destroyed.