Campaign Lancers damage bug ?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Campaign Lancers damage bug ?

Post by nod18 »

Hi, in 2.3.9 and 3.1 rc, Lancer weapons got TO HIGH DAMAGE, they can kill any tanks in seconds, even hero commanders, it hurts most in Cam 2 when in some missions collective builds onyly Lancers tanks, its imposible to attack them witch even 30 heavy tanks, this mission witch collective commander with artifact, and vtol witch lancers 1hit=1kill... ( i play on normal, and easy damage is almost identical )

I got old instalation of warzone 2100 1.10, and lancer damage is small/normal
( lancers are good in mission when you first time got it, but in later missions tanks armor is upgraded and upgraded, so ther damage is low and low ) they do damage but is not high, in cam 2 lancer do like 10-15% damage to heavy tanks, if they hit, but in 2.3.9/rc 3.1, about 40-60% hp of one tank, in one shoot.

Sorry if i do mistake, my english is not perfect...
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Campaign Lancers damage bug ?

Post by NoQ »

I remember it used to be like that a long time ago, around 2.2 probably, and i didn't play the original game. If it has changed, then it has been a really long time ago.
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

I mentioned this, because if someone wonts exp tanks, he will be crushed by lancers in cam2, lancers tanks/hardpoints or vtol, its not good :(
i lose 2x hero commanders by lancers-vtols in one strike... and rest of my elite/special hevy tanks in attack on 15 medium lancers tanks :( i didnt even kill one tank...

Yeah i checked in my old 1.10 warzone in cam2 lancers do 160dmg, but in 3.1rc ( i got ) 304dmg !!

Is there any chance that this will be fixed ?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Balance in campaign has always been rather bad, IIRC.

I think it would be nice to go through balance and other issues level for level in campaign as we convert it to javascript.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

But i did assume it, at least, didn't change.
nod18: what about difficulty levels? They affect that. This may be also changing between missions (does AI get upgraded?)
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

I play on Easy and Medium, dmg by Lancers its almost identical i can upload screens, with tank stats from old 1.10, and rc3.1
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@nod18: I heard that some people decided that sending in hero units was just too risky for them (due to how powerful Lancers and Tank Killers are in 2.3.9 and 3.1), so they decided to tackle the mission (and Beta 5) by sending in recruits instead of heroes, since recruits are considered more expendable than hero units.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

Yes but, when Collective, attacks with VTOLS its 100% instant kill of some unit, i always lost my hero commander, in MY BASE, so its not fun :/, even when i got anti-aircraft guns.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

As for gameplay hints, you can see my walkthrough (see my signature), it's 2.3.8 hard difficulty, should be the same as now. I hardly lost 10 combat units during the whole campaign, without much saving/loading.

I'd better talk about whether things actually changed since 1.10.
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

Maybe in 2.3.8 there is no this lancer bug ?

Its posible to download this version ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

There is, if any. As i said earlier, i noticed no changes since around 2.2, till 3.1 (and 2.3.8 is almost completely similar to 2.3.9).
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

Where can i download 2.3.8 and check if there is this bug ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... 2.3/2.3.8/
(windows builds are already removed
nod18
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nod18 »

Ok thanks,i found old 2.3.7 version, and in this version lancers got 304 dmg bug to, so its an old bug, its posible to me to modify this wepon in wz files somehow, some modding tools ?
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake »

its imposible to attack them witch even 30 heavy tanks, this mission witch collective commander with artifact, and vtol witch lancers 1hit=1kill... ( i play on normal, and easy damage is almost identical )
I personally witnessed both of those on 3.1 beta 11. I eventually chose to wear them down with a mobile sensor and artillery before scooping up the artifact, but it took a while - nearly ran out of timer.

In the second case, make no mistakes about it VTOL Lancer hits damn hard and can kill pretty much anything if there are enough units focusing their firepower on a single target - and very difficult to counter early during a transport mission.
Strata @dA, @FAC