CAM2_END is frustratingly badly informed

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
smileBeda
Greenhorn

CAM2_END is frustratingly badly informed

Post by smileBeda »

I have seen this complaint even in Github Bug reports.

The last level CAM2_END is simply silly.

I have:
- survived the attack (still have units on ground that live until the very last moment of time counter)
- evacuated 4 transporters, with trucks, and other units
- and yet I lose every single time

There is no information whatsoever at the begin of the game as of what the goal of this level is. It says "survive, evacuate and be aware there are arial units attacking".

LOL really? Aerial units? There are like no less than 200 tanks attacking, _and_ aerial units, _and_ you need to evacuate a truck at least, and you need to discover that by reading an information in less than 5 seconds because the "win info" does not persist on screen, nor can you find this information anywhere else.

All that would be "meh" if then it actually would let you win! But despite having fulfilled all the requirements it mentions, it still says "mission failed"
It is the third time now in a row I play the _entire_ campaigns in a row and each time, this level is the end.

I am lost as of what else is needed here that the game does not tell. And I am not alone with this issue and frustration of very, very bad information.
I mean, at least give a proper information of the win-rules is adequate and fair, I am not asking to make the game "too easy" (as some here are of the opinion the game being too easy)
No one asks for that. What is however adequate is a minimal _proper and adequate_ information as of how you can even win.

Chess is also not easy. Yet all rules are clear. So... what is the requirement of winning this (meanwhile I consider it literally a "made to make you angry") level?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: CAM2_END is frustratingly badly informed

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

The failure conditions are pretty much the same as any other home base mission: If there are no units on the map and no factories, you lose. The only caveat here is if you have the transporter on the map, on this mission, when the timer hits zero. Then the missile destroys it and that will deal a defeat.

I can't imagine any other scenario that would make you lose here given your bullet points. Otherwise feel free to upload your saves (a link in corner of options menu will open the config directory, then upload the .gam file + folder for a save in the savegames/campaign folder).

The "win info" reminders and command are just supplemental to the Intel menu messages. All console messages post release 4.1.3 last 12 seconds in campaigns now, though, you can review them by pressing the keybind for console history (`) or pausing the game when they appear. I've also added a reminder to bring a truck into one of those transporters into the Intel mission objectives since it seems to be quite the beginners trap looking at 10+ years of people not bringing one. Assuming of course anybody visits the Intel menu to see the objectives and research messages (I wish more would).

Perhaps we can repurpose the charming yet unnecessary "Good luck, Commander" line in the objective icon in the Intel menu.
smileBeda
Greenhorn

Post by smileBeda »

>The only caveat here is if you have the transporter on the map, on this mission, when the timer hits zero. Then the missile destroys it and that will deal a defeat.

This means I got to have _null_ transporters in that map, _even_ I evacuated several other transporters?
That might be the issue, I think I _do_ have some transporters left at that point!
Let me try _again_ lol

>Assuming of course anybody visits the Intel menu to see the objectives and research messages (I wish more would).

The problem with that menu is that it is not discernible what the _current_ mission info is! There are all infos of all missions in there it appears to me, and I never figured out how to actually be sure to look at the one that is current.
Additionally ... it doesn't state (well, you said you added it now, so that will be solved I guess) the quest with the truck. I found that the first time in the bug report in GIT, where I also found about the `win info` command. Which, when I trigger it and pause the game... disappears! Because when you pause (assuming I do it right with the ESC key) the options appear to save, etc, and any message disappears on my screen.
smileBeda
Greenhorn

Post by smileBeda »

Oh wait, now I confused "Transporter" and truck.

You mean the _transporter_ shouldn't be on the map... well its not. But it is "Flying away" since it reaches me really in the last few moments!

Ok, let me try to be quicker in evacuation with the _first_ transport to see if that does the trick.

Sorry the confusion...
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Unless you are having an issue with a bug the last mission on beta is actually relatively straight forward assuming that you prepared your defences sufficiently to keep the collective away from your base while you evac, usually my defences are so heavy that even at 100x speed on insane the collative can’t get anywhere near my base no matter how many units they send at me because they get instantly obliterated as soon as they enter the map by huge amounts of artillery and AAA fire.

Perhaps the simplest and fastest way to deal with the mission is to send 1 transport and then just recycle the rest of your units to preserve there experience and then rebuild them on the other end while this might sound a little crazy and while it can make the start of Gamma a little trickier the reality is that when its taking 5 minutes to bring in reinforcements its actually faster to just build 5 tank factories and then just rebuild my units because assuming that each units takes about 1 minute to build in 5 minutes I can build 20 units as opposed to flying in 10 units on a transport so you see this way I can get twice the number of units in same time frame, of course there is a slight hitch with this plan and that is the lack of space to actually build 5 tank factories but even with just 2 tank factories you can still build 10 units in 5 minutes so realistically your still better to just recycle your units rather then trying to evacuate them.

If you ask me they should probably increase the number of units you can fit on a transport either that or drastically reduce the time it take to bring in reinforcements 5 minutes is way to long, there are some missions where I spend over half the mission just waiting for units to arrive due to the stupid reinforcement timer, perhaps a better plan would be to do away with reinforcements on away missions and simply let the player build tank factories on away missions instead that would make life so much simpler.