Question about Output and DPS

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Seztax
New user

Question about Output and DPS

Post by Seztax »

Hello guys,
I played Warzone 2100 10 years ago and just remember it today.
So, I have a question.

I know Output/weight affects movement speed, but does it also affect weapon damage?
What are the benefits if my output exceeds my weight?

Thank you.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Question about Output and DPS

Post by Bethrezen »

hi

No the engine output doesn't affect the damage of the equipped weapon. There are several factors however that do affect dps.

First there is the obvious the damage per shot and the the rate of fire.

Then there is a less obvious accuracy value, which determines how many times per minute the weapon will hit or miss the target for example the machine gun has a hit rate of 50% which means on average on any given engagement half of it's shots will miss the target.

Finally there is an even less obvious modifier value depending on the type of weapon being used and the target being attacked so for example below we see the modifiers for the bunker buster

Code: Select all

"BUNKER BUSTER": {
        "BUNKER": 500,
        "HARD": 350,
        "MEDIUM": 100,
        "SOFT": 100
},

"BUNKER BUSTER": {
        "Half-Tracked": 33,
        "Hover": 33,
        "Legged": 33,
        "Lift": 33,
        "Tracked": 33,
        "Wheeled": 33
},
as you can see the damage the bunker buster does is increased by 500% vs bunkers and 350% vs hard points however against vehicles it's damage is reduced by 67% which is why bunker busters do almost no damage to vehicles but will one shot bunkers and hard points.

as for the engine power of the various bodies the reality is this makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things due to the fact that most turrets are so light that the unit already moves at it's maximum possible speed and therefore for those turrets engine power is irrelevant and having a more powerful engine wont in fact make the unit any faster its why the engine upgrades are largely worthless and don't in fact make the vast majority of your units any faster.

Where the engine power does make a difference is when the turret is very heavy such as in the case of the heavy cannon now in this instance having a more powerful engine will in fact make the unit a bit quicker

the reality is the whole engine power / engine upgrade thing is badly implemented and needs fixing the problem here is that instead of calculating the base speed of the vehicle based on the power of the engine and the weight of the vehicle which is the correct way to do things the game just uses a fixed base value which effectively brakes the engine upgrades and makes the engine power largely redundant.

hope this clarifies things for you.
Seztax
New user

Post by Seztax »

Thank you, that was very helpful.

I must've been misinformed. I read somewhere that not exceeding weight limit gives the design useful benefits; I suppose those are just a bit more speed.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

So far as I'm aware the only way to give your units additional benefits is to attach them to an experienced commander.