I need help with local custom games

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
zakkam
New user

I need help with local custom games

Post by zakkam »

my room mate ( lap top) and myself (desktop) were trying to set up a game so we both could play.

now i was using the steam version, I since uninstalled that version and installed the non-stolen version once i learned what it was.

now we were having issues having the game lobby work. I could see his lobby and i couldnt join it.

i forwarded the ports ( im pretty sure) to 2100.

now his computer would say it had port 2100 issues. So I would go forward the 2100 port, then my computer wouldnt connect and his would.

so i spent about 3 hours trying to figure out what the hell was wrong.
I did pretty much every google search and nothing helped.

I'm really trying to get my friend hooked on this game and it's not helping when i can't even get us in the same game.

sometimes the notifications in the chat would say to open the port, but I wasn't sure how that could have been done.

I am not a computer wiz, SO i need someone to explain this to me like I'm 5.
zakkam
New user

Re: I need help with local custom games

Post by zakkam »

i opened a proxy for a lan in the computers settings.

both computers were able to set up lobbys in the game.

both computers still cannot join the same lobby.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Re: I need help with local custom games

Post by Prot »

If you both in one network (LAN), then you both cannot setup you router to forwart port manually, this is not work. The game use only 2100 port for open lobby games, that's problem.
But you can disable any manually setup for port-forward on router and enable UPnP - in this setup you can create lobby but one at a time.
Anyway, if you want play both for example versus AI, you dont need any setup, if you in LAN, just connect by local IP to each other.
And also that way you can play in internet, one of you create lobby, then second connect not trough lobby server, but direct by local IP.