Sensors - something changed? Lets clear the use (last mission)

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
fladramon
New user

Sensors - something changed? Lets clear the use (last mission)

Post by fladramon »

I am in the last mission and I have hard time. Am getting hit from all sides, artilery, VTOLS, tanks, cyborgs
The game should somehow explain sensors or how they working. Until now i was using them as towers in my base, just cause they made my base cool :D
I read the Sensors guide here http://betaguide.wz2100.net/SensorGuide.php#sensors

To make things clear:
Image For a sensor the range is low, I cannot add more outside the base cause the artilery can hit from the other side of the map. Enemy tanks missiles have bigger range than the sensor has! Before I see the enemy tanks am seeing my tower destruction :o Am building the tower behind a mountain to protect it from the enemy artilery (normally it shouldnt give any range behind mountains).

Image is just a sensor that " spot for artillery" AUTO
Image "to counter-attack enemy artillery" i understand manually targeting, but as a tower cant see the use.

I must start using the sensors to hit enemy base and artilery, so:
A. use a tank with a sensor with an ATTACK ground team --> artillery from base starts hitting auto (long distance) ?
or B. use a tank with a CB tower --> artillery will work only if i click something to be attacked (long distance) , right?

or C. I realise that the enemy using a tank with a Image to "show" where their artilery to shoot. Even if i have a sensor tower I know that the enemies VTOL tank-turret is near after i got hit from artilery. Fast i go outside and destroy that tank then everything getting peaceful for a while. So my new tactic changed to send air units (suicide mission) to destroy enemy tank production but the incoming enemy rate is higher and am dieing. Enemy tank with VTOL radar turret is used to start their artillery? VTOL isnt stands for the air units? The guide is showing this turret with tank use Image

After 15+ try of this map, i found out that even if i add 20x angel missiles, bringing a tank with sensor or building a tower will start all enemy archangel missiles to destroy my base
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: Sensors - something changed? Lets clear the use (last mission)

Post by Cyp »

If you put a CB sensor or tower near things that are getting shot at by the enemy artillery, then your own artillery using the CB sensor can see and target the enemy artillery that's shooting at you, no matter where it's shooting from.
fladramon
New user

Post by fladramon »

Thanks Cyp! I delayed the use of turrets until i boom some enemy archangels.

Today I managed to complete Warzone 2100, was my favorite strategy game from playstation 1 ages! It took me 5 hours to complete the last map, and 35 hours the whole game. There was no way to end the last mission, no matter what, i was getting hit from all sides. I hate games with timer, but thank God this mission hadnt timer.

So, how i managed to finish it? The screenshot from the guide here helped me understand

The word VTOL Image if was removed from beginning, maybe I would find out faster what it's function was.
I thought it was a radar to find air units, so it was loss of time and power to make them. The help of this turret made the difference :)
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

I know your problem. You are forgetting that the enemy also uses CB towers and that the enemy has more installations than you do. Both howitzers and archangels. You must build howitzers FIRST enough of them to destroy all the enemy howitzers. Then (and only then) build the CB tower.

After you have taken out the enemy howitzers close by. Take down your CB towers and build archangels. LOTS of archangels. Then put the CB towers back up and go pick a fight.
Transmission ends ...
fladramon
New user

Post by fladramon »

Deeply, i want to do a re-match of this map :)

They should make a sequel of this game, I loved it