A problem and a not-working bug tracker...

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
DonZekane
New user

A problem and a not-working bug tracker...

Post by DonZekane »

Firstly, I tried your bugtracker: "TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions." (I did take a look at that Trac guide thing but it didn't help)

So I'm resorting to posting.
When playing campaign, produced tanks land/fly/glitch somehow from the sky before moving to the factory's delivery point.
I've encountered this glitch/bug years ago and I somehow found a fix... but now, I can't remember how I did it and can't figure the thing out by myself...

I have a small clip to show the problem: https://youtu.be/wahDatQWvzQ
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: A problem and a not-working bug tracker...

Post by Cyp »

I think I've seen that occasionally.

The bug tracker is dead, and substituted by the Github issue tracker.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Trac is closed. Only us devs can modify the tickets. Issues are done on our GitHub repo.

Yeah, I see this all the time and it's probably one of those ancient bugs. After a test I can see what's happening after setting the game speed at 0.010. I always thought units were crashing down at incredible speed. Units are slightly spawning a tad bit inside the factory. For whatever reason, this causes units to literally levitate UPWARDS for about a second after they spawn and start climbing to a ridiculous height. Once they start moving, presumably no longer above/inside the factory's area, they snap down back onto ground instantly. Well, that didn't matter. They continuing ascending for exactly 1 second after they get placed on the map.

Order reversed because of forum attachment placement bug.
capture 2.png
capture 2.png (163.16 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
capture 1.png
capture 1.png (181.34 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

In graphics frames between game ticks, their locations are interpolated. My guess is that the initial locations don't have a sensible height coordinate. Looking at the code seems to confirm this. It's probably my fault, sorry.

Untested patch: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/pull/719
DonZekane
New user

Post by DonZekane »

Thank you for your efforts.
I'm so baffled because of the fact that I fixed it in the past somehow. Oh well..
DonZekane
New user

Post by DonZekane »

I'm not good with gits and programming stuff, but I see that your patch has been pushed into the master.
Does that mean that the steam version will update itself now, and the bug will be no more?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

DonZekane wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 13:25 I'm not good with gits and programming stuff, but I see that your patch has been pushed into the master.
Does that mean that the steam version will update itself now, and the bug will be no more?
No. We aren't the publishers of the Steam version. The 3.3.0 Windows release was put up by an outside entity who more than likely will only mirror our releases whenever they happen.