THE SCAVS LAG SEVERAL GAMES :(

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

THE SCAVS LAG SEVERAL GAMES :(

Post by xXSpecialsoulXx »

well. since the 3.1 Vercion i realized some maps with scavs ON ... and when in the game reach like 200 global units totals ...the game starts to go slow :( ... i didnt have a cheap PC but...i have this problem... and i noticed most of the players have that probem...anybody knows the why of the problem??
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: THE SCAVS LAG SEVERAL GAMES :(

Post by aubergine »

There's no way for AIs to iterate partial lists of objects in 3.1 branch - so as number of things on map increase they get slower. Scavs tend to build far more buildings that other players, so the problem is more noticeable with them. Should be resolved in 3.2 release where there are new AI functions for getting lists of objects in specific areas, etc.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

What mods do you have installed, what AIs are you using, and what makes you think scavengers are the problem?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

aubergine wrote:There's no way for AIs to iterate partial lists of objects in 3.1 branch - so as number of things on map increase they get slower. Scavs tend to build far more buildings that other players, so the problem is more noticeable with them. Should be resolved in 3.2 release where there are new AI functions for getting lists of objects in specific areas, etc.
why would you only find some units and not all?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@NoQ: I mostly use WZ 3.1.0 with NullBot and Ultimate Scavs. When USM starts building lots of defence structures, that's usually when game lags. Also, if it gets lots of oils it builds lots of factories = lots of vehicles gather around those factories (base defence groups IIRC?).

@Originway: Because iterating through big lists is slower. That being said, knowing where to search becomes the problem when using enumRange() and enumArea().
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I was asking him, exactly because usm is laggy.