Sensors

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Sensors

Post by Rommel »

Say you create a droid with a sensor turret does it automatically target the enemy with your artillery emplacements or do you need to click on the enemy? Same question with artillery units.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Sensors

Post by aubergine »

Yes, but it works much, much better if you actually tell it to target something.

I often build arty within range of enemy base, or have units with arty turrets in such location, and then send sensor droids in targeted to various structures or enemy units, often taking out enemy sensors first.

If you've got lots of long range weapons, particularly arty/ripples/archs, getting a sensor to lock on to a group of enemy droids can be quite devastating -- once the target droid is destroyed, your long range weapons will usually fire a few more salvos at droids nearby.

If you assign weapon droids to a sensor, they'll still fire at stuff randomly, but will focus their fire on whatever the sensor locks on to, which can be really useful when you want some dedicated units for taking out enemy sensors, etc.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Aubergine, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake »

In 3.1 RC artillery emplacements will target anything inside your known total sensor coverage whether you designate it as a target or not, and regardless of who or what did the spotting. Which is a bug. Normally, only commander units can authorize fire-support from artillery pits, sensor units cannot.
Strata @dA, @FAC
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

IMHO sensor droids are just mobile sensors so why can't they instruct arty to fire at their targets?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

I think vtol strike sensors are useless. I cannot figure out how they work.
I will reply as soon as possible.
dunk2k
Greenhorn

Post by dunk2k »

Whilst still on the subject of sensors, and somewhat in correlation with a recent fix in v4.2.0 -
Could someone explain the difference of assigning indirect fire droids (mortars, howitzers, rocket/missile artillery) directly to a commander, which doesn't increase commander's control group count, versus assigning indirect fire droids to a sensor droid then assigning said sensor droid to commander?

Thanks.