Hotfix for 2.0.7 on Mac OSX Intel

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
jim01
New user

Hotfix for 2.0.7 on Mac OSX Intel

Post by jim01 »

Hello all, having a little bit of trouble with the hotfix.  I must have missed something but can't figure out what.

I'm running 2.0.7 on an Intel Mac, Tiger 10.4.

In my Warzone folder I created a /mods/global folder and put the hotfix file in there.

I then went to the application package contents.

In the MacOS folder there wasn't a warzone2100.sh file, so I created one.

From another post I found what I assumed to be the right configuration settings and pasted it in.  I then added the last line referencing the hotfix.

Here it is:
#!/bin/sh

MYDIR=`dirname “$0”`
cd “$MYDIR”
pwd
exec --mod warzone2100-2.0.7_hotfix1.wz

I assume, because I know I'm an idiot, that something isn't right about the warzone2100.sh file.

Any ideas?

Thanks, and thanks for bringing the game to the Mac

jim
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Hotfix for 2.0.7 on Mac OSX Intel

Post by DevUrandom »

It should be something like "exec ./warzone2100 --mod ..."
jim01
New user

Post by jim01 »

After messing around a bit, I got it to work.  I ran WZ in debug mode and came up with an interesting message.

It was looking for a file named: page-9-player-soft buildings-bases-urban.png

And couldn't find it. 

For the other Mac users it's in: package contents, then Contents/Resources/Data/texpages

There was a file there named page-9-player-hard buildings-bases-urban.png

I copied it and renamed it page-9-player-soft buildings-bases-urban.png

Then it started working and I was able to move onto the Beta campaign.

I ran WZ from the terminal, just to make sure I was running the Hotfix.

I ran it from the command line with the --mod hot.... option.  Where would I look in the debug info to make sure I'm running the hotfix?

Thanks

jim
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The "...soft..." texpage missing error is caused by a not working hotfix...
Drekan
Greenhorn

Post by Drekan »

Jim. i dont suppose you could write a tutorial or even just upload your whole Mac version?  I tried to follow what you wrote but alas it is still dying on me.

Im on an old G4 but running tiger so there shouldnt be to much difference, im probably just screwing up file placement anyway if you could help it would be great. i really want to see Cam2 again as it was my favorite one in the original PSX version. as i was 13 or so the collective where actually the most intimidating thing i had encountered in a computer game so far,
jim01
New user

Post by jim01 »

Well it sounds like I'm doing doing anything right in the first place, so I'm not sure i should be giving anyone any advice.

Are you running Tiger 10.4.x?

Make sure you check that the warzone2100.sh file has the right extension.

Anyways, here's the command line I used to run WZ (from terminal):

/Applications/Warzone.app/Contents/MacOS/Warzone --mod warzone2100-2.0.7_hotfix1.wz --debug all  --debugfile ~/Library/Application\ Support/Warzone\ 2100/warzone.log

From what DevUrandom says, I guess I'm not even running the hotfix.  If I run WZ just from the .app icon in my dock, it now works.  So the problem was the choke on that file name in my original post above.

Run it from the terminal using the command line, make sure you have the hotfix file in the correct mods/global directory, and look at the debug logfile.  That's probably the best place to start.
Drekan
Greenhorn

Post by Drekan »

Well somthings happening. its going on but it crashes if i use the cheat to end the final alpha mission to test the move into the beta team Cam. ill try redoing it and seeing if that helps

Edit

error:      Assert in Warzone: /Users/ari/work/warzone-2.0.7/macosx/../lib/framework/frameresource.c:544 : resGetDataFromHash (FALSE)
Assertion failed: ((0)), function resGetDataFromHash, file /Users/ari/work/warzone-2.0.7/macosx/../lib/framework/frameresource.c, line 544.
Abort trap

Thats my crash error. no freaking idea what the hell it means though  missing file in OSX release?

Edit 2
That file extension doesnt exist... its looking for a file in a non-existent user account. i think whoever compiled the mac release may have made a mistake, with it now searching for a file in his own directory. im not 100% as im hardly a programmer but its the best explanation i can thing of
Last edited by Drekan on 18 Sep 2007, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

If you mean "file /Users/ari/work/warzone-2.0.7/macosx/../lib/framework/frameresource.c, line 544" then don't worry about that, that's only telling where the crash happened.
For the reason of the crash: I have no idea, but it is not the 1st time I hear of that assert.
This bugreport is probably related: https://gna.org/bugs/?8144
Last edited by DevUrandom on 18 Sep 2007, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Drekan
Greenhorn

Post by Drekan »

Very possibly. however i had used the debug mode to test a few ways of moving fwd. usually however they worked to get past the Last mission. it would be when you formed your first rescue team and then saved it would crash.

Nvm i think this will involve a wait till christmas and for you guys to figure it out rather than have a hack trying to figure it out.

Howver if you would like Logs etc pertaining to the mac version i would be happy to help
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Sure, if you have any additional information, please add it to the bugreport.