Question about custom maps crashing on startup

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Question about custom maps crashing on startup

Post by CDR Gantradies »

Hi! i have the versions of several popular maps form the 1x days (ariza, aurora ect) that were converted to .wz few years ago. i downloaded 3.1 today, the previous version i used was one of the 2x's, and aurora, ariza ect crash when you try to start a skirmish game. something about "cant find all the explosion graphics"
am i doing something wrong, or is it a compatability issue or something?
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Question about custom maps crashing on startup

Post by Staff »

Sounds like a broken map.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Has anyone converted any of those old maps over to 3.1 yet?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

These maps have custom textures inside, so they're essentially map-mods. Just remove the mod from inside (cause it won't work anyway, for the graphics system has changed ... there might be some nicer way to fix that though) and enjoy. As far as i remember, this also requires fixing something in their addon.lev. If you attach a copy of the maps, i can have a look.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Ariza-II gives runtime error that it cannot find explosions file. The maps are located here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1347&p=38101&hilit=Ariza#p37834
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

bump!
hey, anyone got apollo4dxp (or whatever it was?) it was one of the old mars project maps. 2 player, with heavily asymmetric starts. one player starts with a few trucks and a CC, while the other starts with w massive base in a crater protected by banks of AA and several fortresses. or was it certainus i remember playing it back in the day when i was using the K.I.C.K MOD(s) with KMS mod switcher. fun little map against the ai, or if one human player is a masochist!
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

ah! heres the name of teat mars map i mentioned: 2c-apollo4dexp.
see also 4c-ariza
4c-ariza-II
8c-aurora
8c-wf-arakis
if you want me to upload, i have (somewhat clumsily) converted to .wz versions in storage on my machine

uh, you'll probably laugh at this, but how do i upload? is there any site in particular i should use? (i don't spend much time on forums usually)
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

more to follow. not that if i remember right, i converted these to .wz myself, so i may have botched some of them.
Attachments
4c-ariza.wz
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
8c-aurora.wz
the old classic. the gift that just keeps on giving!
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
8c-wf-arakis.wz
actually dont think i played this one all that much.
(66.77 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

and here the other maps.
Attachments
2c-apollo4dexp.wz
this is that one i mentioned, the one that has teh massively unbalanced starting bases. good for when you what to be cruel to the ai, or possibly for testing. this is the one i am certain i converted myself, hence, has the highest possibility of being messed up! the crater base is extremely hard to crack, except, ironically, at low tech, where fortresses don't have as much health, and the other players starting supply of cyborgs can do a surprisingly large amount of damage. good for long, drawn out games. aside from aurora, probably the one i miss the most. fairly large for a 1v1 map. note: i think i got this form a German wz2100 site in the early 2000's, back when i was running the K.I.C.K mod
(74.96 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
4c-ariza-II.wz
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 278 times
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

also, anyone have an unaltered version of 2c-apollodxsp, in case i irreprably damaged the version i uploaded with my half-assed attempt at converting the filetype? cause the only mention google gives me of that file (other then this thread) is on warzone2100.de, and im having trouble finding a valid download link there
:::Roses are red...::

::Violets are blue::

::I am schizophrenic::

::And so am I::