Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: what was done to the latest master?

Post by NoQ »

Ezio wrote:i use master_20111204
This change wasn't present yet in this snapshot. We're talking about nightlies here (you can have the git master itself instead).
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
Per wrote:I think one of the changes was how to handle systems with very low framerate... Maybe that didn't work out right.
do you have a copy of the release from Tuesday or Wednesday??? December 13 or 14 2011...

edit: sorry ; make that the 12 or the 13 of december.
http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master/windows/
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thanks - done. :)
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

didn't see any problem on 20111217-181735-17e4e8f, i only start new game and play around 30 mins. my gpu is HD 4330, it should be somewhere near gtx220.
edit: on multiplayer i got around 20 fps after around 30 min playing with hard and insane ai
Last edited by Ezio on 19 Dec 2011, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

warzone2100-master-20111219-010956-89a282b = so unstable frame rate wise as to make it very, very ,very choppy. anywhere from 1 fps to 18 fps. dunno what your adjusting code wise. but the one from dec 4 th was superior to the ones lately. perhaps just fix the bugs and leave the frame rate adjusting till later. i have three different releases - and as i said the latest one is - :wheee: :shakehead:
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

cyp said they will release a version of the game that uses the old 2.3.9 way instead of the current bullshit if he wasn't lying
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zany wrote:cyp said they will release a version of the game that uses the old 2.3.9 way instead of the current crap if he wasn't lying
its not crap... it just does not work on some machines / os for some reason. i am sure the dev's would be checking this out prior to releasing any new things... right??? :hmm:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

buildbot.wz2100.net/files/warzone2100-master-20111219-130145-7481b39.exe

the latest master. fps from 36 to 1 different parts of the map = different fps rating.

here is the map that i use for testing. i choose no laser sat building and only 1 each of the factories. seeing as the player 0 defenses are excellent - i just let things go - choose t1 / t2 / t3 - does not matter. observe all player spots. and watch the fps indicator. ( you do know how to get that right? ).

this map i have been working on for at least 4 + years. tweaking and changing things as i progress to the final release.
Attachments
8c-psykofs8p.wz
psykofs8p.wz = 8 player . player 0 is the king of the hill so to speak. all other players need to either band together or try to defeat all and try to get the player 0 spot. is also great for testing the master releases. the december 4 master release is the last one that was stable enough giving a fps of around 8.
(108.13 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

zany wrote:cyp said they will release a version of the game that uses the old 2.3.9 way instead of the current crap if he wasn't lying
Huh?

Are you referring to Qt vs SDL? Don't think that's related to this thread...
Wolftrak
Trained
Trained

Post by Wolftrak »

Cyp wrote:
Huh?

Are you referring to Qt vs SDL? Don't think that's related to this thread...
He was referring to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7764 but I guess zany didn't recognize the sarcasm
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The fact that you thought that to be related to this thread clearly shows us that you're in no position to advise =/
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

please to be staying on topic. master releases. thanks.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

NoQ wrote:
The fact that you thought that to be related to this thread clearly shows us that you're in no position to advise =/
what are you smoking? this is about framerates is it not?
:roll:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zany wrote:
NoQ wrote:
:roll:

frame rates and whatever has been done to make the game so choppy as to make it unplayable. yes. :stressed:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Dude, don't make me angry ... if you want the game to be better, don't make us quarrel up there. Qt is not related to frame rates, and general frame rate drop on your crappy hardware due to usage of more advanced opengl functions is related neither to Qt nor to the recent patch we are discussing in this topic, so cut the crap and get back to your homework.