Windows 7 video problems

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Post Reply
serventa
New user
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 04:00

Windows 7 video problems

Post by serventa » 12 Aug 2011, 04:03

I have the game running on my pc it works perfectly except for the videos. I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly. Has anyone else got this problem with Windows 7 and is there a solution?

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by lav_coyote25 » 12 Aug 2011, 05:47

serventa wrote:I have the game running on my pc it works perfectly except for the videos. I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly. Has anyone else got this problem with Windows 7 and is there a solution?

ummm whats your problem? you dont really state that clearly...
it works perfectly except for the videos. I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly.
would help if you could explain more...thanks.

User avatar
Asgorath
Trained
Trained
Posts: 153
Joined: 10 Dec 2010, 16:45
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by Asgorath » 12 Aug 2011, 10:16

serventa wrote:I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly
What kind of installation? O_o
I recommend you to go here: http://www.wz2100.net/download
Download the video (standard quality is much better), then unzip them by using winrar. After that you just need to put the unzipped file into your warzone-folder, most likely it´s c/programs/warzone2100

When starting the game videos should work, you can test it easily by clicking on "intro". If it starts, videos work. If not, well then there is a problem XD

2point7182818
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:34

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by 2point7182818 » 12 Aug 2011, 13:35

I am experiencing this issue as well.

User avatar
Ezio
Trained
Trained
Posts: 306
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:42

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by Ezio » 13 Aug 2011, 05:01

serventa wrote:I have the game running on my pc it works perfectly except for the videos. I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly. Has anyone else got this problem with Windows 7 and is there a solution?
2point7182818 wrote:I am experiencing this issue as well.
No Work No Meal
No Log No Solution

i'm using Win7 and got no problem, please post your log here (the one after playing campaign or play a vid)

medusa
Trained
Trained
Posts: 175
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 01:56

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by medusa » 13 Aug 2011, 05:47

Asgorath wrote:
serventa wrote:I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly
What kind of installation? O_o
I recommend you to go here: http://www.wz2100.net/download
Download the video (standard quality is much better), then unzip them by using winrar. After that you just need to put the unzipped file into your warzone-folder, most likely it´s c/programs/warzone2100

When starting the game videos should work, you can test it easily by clicking on "intro". If it starts, videos work. If not, well then there is a problem XD
why?
from http://wz2100.net/download
Note: The installer will install these videos automatically. Follow these instructions only if the installer fails, or if you wish to install offline.

Video instructions: Place sequences.wz in Program Files/Warzone 2100/sequences.wz.

Warning: If the file you downloaded is sequences.zip, please rename it to sequences.wz . DO NOT EXTRACT IT.
the quality of the videos is bad and very bad.

User avatar
Asgorath
Trained
Trained
Posts: 153
Joined: 10 Dec 2010, 16:45
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by Asgorath » 13 Aug 2011, 12:06

medusa wrote:
Asgorath wrote:
serventa wrote:I have the sequences.wz file in the Warzone 2100 folder and have followed the instructions for installing it perectly
What kind of installation? O_o
I recommend you to go here: http://www.wz2100.net/download
Download the video (standard quality is much better), then unzip them by using winrar. After that you just need to put the unzipped file into your warzone-folder, most likely it´s c/programs/warzone2100

When starting the game videos should work, you can test it easily by clicking on "intro". If it starts, videos work. If not, well then there is a problem XD
why?
Because I am using German videos I can´t download them via installer.
That´s how I know the way described above works for me... Even with English videos

What kind of graphic card do you use? Did you try checking for later drivers and maybe even update your driver?

I use Win7 as well and I don´t have any problems with the videos

User avatar
Ezio
Trained
Trained
Posts: 306
Joined: 24 Apr 2010, 16:42

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by Ezio » 13 Aug 2011, 13:29

Just tested seems it's already worked if extracted :)
medusa wrote: the quality of the videos is bad and very bad.
it's ripped from PSX :wink:

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by lav_coyote25 » 13 Aug 2011, 23:34

Ezio wrote:Just tested seems it's already worked if extracted :)
medusa wrote: the quality of the videos is bad and very bad.
it's ripped from PSX :wink:
ya know, if the the original devs handnt bothered with the fracking PSX crap this game would be a whole lot better. :annoyed: just an observation. :lecture:

User avatar
driver4
Trained
Trained
Posts: 89
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 09:01

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by driver4 » 13 Aug 2011, 23:48

lav_coyote25 wrote:
Ezio wrote:Just tested seems it's already worked if extracted :)
medusa wrote: the quality of the videos is bad and very bad.
it's ripped from PSX :wink:
ya know, if the the original devs handnt bothered with the fracking PSX crap this game would be a whole lot better. :annoyed: just an observation. :lecture:
I really liked the PSX version. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for that warzone 2100 demo, opening a world of dark apocalypse and gathering all the scraps to create new technology. I even bought the full PSX game. 2 things lacking in the PC version is the immersive camera view for singleplayer (The camera from way above is only an option on PSX, the standard is a camera fixed behind your leading tank) and the red sky, while the new warzone version has a bright orange one.
Image

User avatar
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3434
Joined: 08 Aug 2006, 23:18

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by lav_coyote25 » 14 Aug 2011, 00:16

had you looked at the psx code... you would understand. it was evil incarnate.

User avatar
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 749
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 21:23
Location: Perrinton Michigan

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by milo christiansen » 15 Aug 2011, 18:35

Selecting a unit and hitting "space" turns on a follower cam that is AFAIK the same as the one on the psx. Now we just need a full feature drive mode... :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual

IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained
Posts: 160
Joined: 22 Aug 2011, 02:28
Location: Brazil

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by IgorBrehm » 22 Aug 2011, 21:18

I also have this problem the videos run but the audio fails a lot the voice of the girl keeps failing like if you are calling from a area with bad signal understand?

IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained
Posts: 160
Joined: 22 Aug 2011, 02:28
Location: Brazil

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by IgorBrehm » 24 Aug 2011, 17:04

is it normal that the sound on the videos keeps failing like if you are using a radio and the signal is bad understand?

IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained
Posts: 160
Joined: 22 Aug 2011, 02:28
Location: Brazil

Re: Windows 7 video problems

Post by IgorBrehm » 24 Aug 2011, 23:23

is nobody going to answer my question? :lecture: :zZz:

Post Reply