Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Serman
Trained
Trained

Game crashing.

Post by Serman »

I have this problem in the game.

This has happened at least 3 times, each a different variation of the problem. I had to repeat Alpha 4 (I think its that one, the one where you need to establish a forward base, etc?)

After this mission is finished, whenever I go onto a transport mission, as soon as I arrive at the destination, no matter what kind of units i have with me, it automatically goes to a Mission Failed screen.

But, after I press exit, and resume game, i can still control my forces normally. But, if i save after doing that, the save file will be corrupted, and if I try to load from it, the game will go right back to the main menu each time.

The most recent problem i've had, is. Before going on the transport mission where I had to recover the Synaptic Link technology (where you already have the Bombard, and Python Body) I saved the game, to go back if such a problem were to occur. Once again, the mission failed screen appeared. Once I loaded back to the game, the game just crashes, and exits. Each time I open that save file, again a crash and exit.

I don't know what to do! I'm sick and tired of repeating the same missions again. not to mention remaking my huge, complex and cool bases, again and again, and I want to finally get to the Beta Missions without missing any artifacts. Please help.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Game crashing.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

linux ( what distro)

windows - what version

gfx card / gfx ram / system ram... etc.

please use this as a template for reporting problems / bugs. will make it much easier to trouble shoot....usually... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Heh, sorry.
I don't know if it's either a bug, or i'm doing something wrong.

Question: If i'm using the commandline --cheat, and i activate 'time toggle'

and, then go on a transport mission, is that the cause of the Mission Failed screen?

okay, so

Warzone2100 Version
2.0.6 (current)

Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition:Service Pack II

Hardware Information
128 MB RAM, 32 GB Disk Space, Geforce 2 Graphic card. And, i'm running on a laptop.

Warzone2100 Configuration
command line --cheat, and --fullscreen if thats what you mean.

Bug Description
Mission Failed screen after arriving at destination in a transport mission. I believe it only happens when you're using the time toggle cheat. But, even if you dont save after doing it, the game will always crash if you try to load from the same file you were using, if the bug occurs on that file. So, it renders it useless, and i have to start over.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Serman wrote: Heh, sorry.
I don't know if it's either a bug, or i'm doing something wrong.

Question: If i'm using the commandline --cheat, and i activate 'time toggle'

and, then go on a transport mission, is that the cause of the Mission Failed screen?  try doing the missions without using the cheats...

okay, so

Warzone2100 Version
2.0.6 (current)

Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition:Service Pack II

Hardware Information
128 MB RAM, 32 GB Disk Space, Geforce 2 Graphic card. And, i'm running on a laptop.

Warzone2100 Configuration
command line --cheat, and --fullscreen if thats what you mean.

Bug Description
Mission Failed screen after arriving at destination in a transport mission. I believe it only happens when you're using the time toggle cheat. But, even if you dont save after doing it, the game will always crash if you try to load from the same file you were using, if the bug occurs on that file. So, it renders it useless, and i have to start over.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Thanks. I'll try that.

Looks like I gotta start all over though. :'(

Is there any way to skip ahead to a certain mission, without missing any artifacts?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

the only way i know is to play all the way through - without cheating... this way not only do you get all the artifacts you help with proving or disproving bugs....  :)
Kardas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kardas »

I don't know what mission number it is, but it's in the beta campaign after getting the VTOL technologies.  The game crashes during the briefing, it's happened at least 6 times, I can't do anything with it.  Using mac os 10.4.8
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your fights, but picking fights for your friends is hilarious.