White textures? Black/corrupted screens? Crashes to desktop?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

White textures? Black/corrupted screens? Crashes to desktop?

Post by whippersnapper »

[edit, I split this from main thread]

Under the category of No Problems with the latest game binary release v. 2.2.1 - my HW/SW Specs and a cool screen cap to boot...
* For my 3+ year old Toshiba Satellite Notebook M105-S3004 *

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 07/09/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 00:11:48
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4926
Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1014 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 48 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1662 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 27A2
Device Revision: 03

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1256
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)
Opengl v.2.1

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

Monitor Mode: 1280 by 800 (60 Hz) 32bit

Regards, whip :cool:
Last edited by Buginator on 12 Oct 2010, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit, I split this from main thread
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: No textures? Black/corrupted screens? Crashes to desktop?

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote: Sweet ! Thanks for the heads-up. Been having some issues with my openAL in late-game stages.

praefectus wrote:Just remember to make at backup of your openAL32.dll first ... ;)
Yep.. Good reminder. Learned that with my opengl.dll swapping around for the "Trunk" ver with the new GFX renderer a few months back.... Hardware manufactures do make HW specific changes ..

BTW - my openAL.dll was fairly current (mine was v. 6.14.357.22 to this pkgs v. 6.14.357.24 ) but my wrap_oal.dll version was antiquated by comparison (v.2.1.8.1 to v. 2.2.0.5 ) ... hmmm. weird.. And I did use the latest Win Install for v.2.2.1 WZ... Hmmmm..

unluckypixie
New user

Post by unluckypixie »

Hi All. I'm new to this, I'm a programmer and thought I'd have a look at the code to see if I can help. Got it checked out compiled installed no problem. The menu works but I'm getting corrupt screens, specifically it looks like the screen is not being cleared between frames, end up with a blurry mess.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 on a laptop with an intel x3100 graphics chipset. I also use compiz on the desktop but I have tried disabling that.

I'm assuming this is either:

a) a fault with my the video driver
b) a fault with the way I've built it / library incompatibilities.
c) a bug that has been introduced in a nightly build?

Any help to get me compiling a working version would be good then I can get on at poking about at the C and annoying the dev team with changes ;)

I'm going to try it on another machine which has an ATI card and see if it works there but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Dave
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Recent versions of Ubuntu has had a lot of issues with its Intel graphics drivers. See for example Phoronix for a treatment of this sad saga.
unluckypixie
New user

Post by unluckypixie »

Per wrote:Recent versions of Ubuntu has had a lot of issues with its Intel graphics drivers. See for example Phoronix for a treatment of this sad saga.
I forgot to mention I'm using 64bit ubuntu too! ... that always complicates things! I've found the phoronix test suite, I'll run that and see if it indicates a driver problem.

Incidentally, for general day to day use with full 3d compiz I've had no complaints about the 3d performance ...

Dave
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Incidentally, for general day to day use with full 3d compiz I've had no complaints about the 3d performance ...
General day-to-day use of compiz does not normally involve OpenGL. Compositing window managers (compiz, Aero...) are know to have problems with OpenGL applications. Compiz is getting better. Early versions did not handle OpenGL at all. Now the issues tend to be occur with low-end graphics like Intel, SiS and Via.

Mesa has a new version that claims to fix some Intel bugs. Hopefully, this situation will get better.
unluckypixie
New user

Post by unluckypixie »

I tried phoronix as suggested, all the graphics tests I can see in there seem to run beautifully. It's just warzone that's got a problem. First time I run it I get blurry screen seemingly missing the blanking between frames. Second time usually whole system locks up. I can't reboot X and I can't drop to a terminal have to power off. The menus work absolutely fine, it's just when the game switches to 3d I guess?

I've attached a screenshot of what I see. This is the screen I see after simply starting a game, I have also clicked the left mouse and dragged (as if to select units) and that has resulted in the multiple blue boxes with progressively fading contents.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Dave
Attachments
blurryness
blurryness
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Anyone seen anything like this before?
Yeah. Screenshots from Blender users with crappy video drivers. Blender is another application that uses OpenGL for all its screen drawing. Blender runs poorly on the same driver/chipsets that have problems running WZ.
stevenjd123
New user

Post by stevenjd123 »

Well like most have said it may be due to intels crappy video drivers. But It does not explain why in Fedora 10 all was OK but now I have a black screen with F11.

On top of that the following games work great. OpenArena, NoGravity,
YoFrankie works as long as I reduce the texture depth.

The only game that I had problems with but with a little tweak to the config file was H-Craft (Demo). Which had the similar black screen problem. This was fixed by changing Mipmapping to 0 (mips=0).

May be this could be a place for the developers to look.

System

HP540 - Intel Core2 Duo T5670 1.8
Ram: 4gb
Warzone2100 version Warzone 2100 - Version 2.1.2 (I am downloading the latest source see if it helps)
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

So, all this mostly means that WZ wont work in Windows 7? if so any plans to fix it?
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Tenoh wrote:So, all this mostly means that WZ wont work in Windows 7? if so any plans to fix it?
No... Warzone works fine in Windows 7 for nearly everyone...

I've been running Windows 7 for ages, and have never had a problem with it...
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

works fine ATI RADEON HD 3450 driver 9.8 On Ubuntu with Compiz ON and on XP SP3.
Nadkisson08
New user

Re: No textures? Black/corrupted screens? Crashes to desktop

Post by Nadkisson08 »

I tried downloading 8 different versions of this game on my macbook pro that i got in 2008 and most of the old ones failed often. Crashes, wouldnt save, many glitches. Then i seen this new version 2.3 and the other 2.2.4 and i knew it had to work. Downloaded it. NO TEXTURES. I wanted this damn game to work. Works fine on my girlfriends macbook pro 2009. I think because of her newer nvidia video card. I guess since mine is one year older than hers i cant see any of the land terrain. It all comes up as 3D edit terrain. The tanks tectures and map textures are all perfectly fine. Can this be fixed some how?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Nadkisson08 wrote:I tried downloading 8 different versions of this game on my macbook pro that i got in 2008 and most of the old ones failed often. Crashes, wouldnt save, many glitches. Then i seen this new version 2.3 and the other 2.2.4 and i knew it had to work. Downloaded it. NO TEXTURES. I wanted this damn game to work. Works fine on my girlfriends macbook pro 2009. I think because of her newer nvidia video card. I guess since mine is one year older than hers i cant see any of the land terrain. It all comes up as 3D edit terrain. The tanks tectures and map textures are all perfectly fine. Can this be fixed some how?
From our download page:
"If you have a Nvidia based Mac on 10.5.6-10.5.9, there is a bug that makes the game look wrong. To fix, upgrade to 10.6 or higher, or use these custom Nvidia drivers."

It's Apple's fault, not ours, and we provide two ways to fix it. What more do you want?
Patko0770
New user

Post by Patko0770 »

i need help. my game is slow, when loading levels sometimes game crash and my game is missing terrain textures-whole terrain is white. it happens only in newer patches, because main game without any patch work normally. it happens too on my second pc. i attched 3 images to this reply under info about my pc.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941)
Language: Slovak (Regional Setting: Slovak)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3584MB RAM
Page File: 1296MB used, 5870MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

[snip]

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GSO 512

[snip]

Buginator's note, no need to post all that info, just OS, Gfx card, and CPU.
(and you problem is, you need to update your video drivers (www.nivida.com) --like stiv said).
Attachments
Snímka2.JPG
Snímka.JPG
Snímka.JPG
Last edited by Buginator on 20 May 2010, 05:10, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: kill unneeded info, and throw in a reply inline :)