D8 [Mac issue!]

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Post Reply
Dogmeat
New user
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Aug 2010, 04:45

D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by Dogmeat » 15 Aug 2010, 04:57

Hi! 8D
I need a bit o' help here.

So I just downloaded Warzone to my Mac Pro, but when I click on the application nothing happens. Here's the thing...

- I went on this website...

- I clicked on the Warzone download for Mac...

- It started downloading the file 'warzone2100-2.3.4-hqvideo.dmg...

- It finished downloading...

- I double-clicked it...

- A page popped up with two files on it, one was my Applications folder and the other was the Warzone launcher...

- I double click on the Warzone launcher, expecting to be playing within the minute... nothing happens...

- I redownload and try again... still nothing...


HALP! D8
Last edited by Buginator on 15 Aug 2010, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed title to make it more descriptive

User avatar
dak180
Trained
Trained
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 23:58
Location: Keeper of the Mac Builds

Re: D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by dak180 » 15 Aug 2010, 05:57

Dogmeat wrote:- A page popped up with two files on it, one was my Applications folder and the other was the Warzone launcher...

- I double click on the Warzone launcher, expecting to be playing within the minute... nothing happens...
You should always copy apps on to your hd before launching them; so first drag Warzone into your Applications folder.

Once it is done copying over eject and dispose of the disk image; you may then launch Warzone.

Do not worry if it seems to do nothing for a while; startup time for the first run can be quite long, (3-4 min. not sure why) but it should start up much faster the next time you open it.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds

digt
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 06:19

Re: D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by digt » 15 Aug 2010, 06:25

Does the Mac version use X11?

I've noticed, on my Mac at least, apps that use X11, Java, or Windows virtualization take a long time to load. I think it has to do with the OS starting the environment.

digt
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 06:19

Re: D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by digt » 15 Aug 2010, 06:27

It seems the Mac version needs X11 to compile at least. http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuide/Mac

User avatar
dak180
Trained
Trained
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 23:58
Location: Keeper of the Mac Builds

Re: D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by dak180 » 15 Aug 2010, 18:28

digt wrote:It seems the Mac version needs X11 to compile at least. http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuide/Mac
It does not strictly speaking require X11 to compile; it does however, require it to run.

This is not because it actually uses X11 itself, but rather because it depends on libraries that X11 installs.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds

digt
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 06:19

Re: D8 [Mac issue!]

Post by digt » 15 Aug 2010, 21:29

dak180 wrote:
digt wrote:It seems the Mac version needs X11 to compile at least. http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuide/Mac
It does not strictly speaking require X11 to compile; it does however, require it to run.

This is not because it actually uses X11 itself, but rather because it depends on libraries that X11 installs.
You're right, I misread.

Post Reply