Mod Loading

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

Mod Loading

Post by Kharos »

Hello, I haven't been here for a while, and I quit because I couldn't get an online game, skirmishes were boring and the campaign was impassable, coupled with an inability to get mods to work on my mac.

How can I fix any one of these problems? The mod one would be nice first.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Mod Loading

Post by Zarel »

Kharos wrote:I couldn't get an online game,
Be more specific.
Kharos wrote:skirmishes were boring
Be more specific.
Kharos wrote:and the campaign was impassable,
Be more specific. A savefile would be nice.
Kharos wrote:coupled with an inability to get mods to work on my mac.
Read the FAQ.
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kharos »

I HAVE read the faq. I read it last year, in fact. I then asked how to alter the shortcut, as it says, and no one gave a damn. The online lobby simply didn't work. I don't really care about that, but it did add a certain degree of repulsion to its appearance. Skirmishes were impossible because I was a retard a year ago. The campaign became impossible after I wiped out the first big NP base. The time limit killed me every time.

So, my only question is HOW DO I ALTER THE SHORTCUT?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Kharos wrote:I HAVE read the faq. I read it last year, in fact. I then asked how to alter the shortcut, as it says, and no one gave a damn.

So, my only question is HOW DO I ALTER THE SHORTCUT?
Back then, no one knew how to do it on a Mac. We had far fewer Mac developers back then.

Anyway, read the FAQ again. You'll notice it says "for more information, see Command Line Options": http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CommandLineOptions

And if you see "Command Line Options", you'll notice that altering your shortcut is for Windows; for Mac, you enter the command into Terminal.app.
Kharos wrote:The online lobby simply didn't work.
Be more specific. What didn't work about it?
Kharos wrote:The campaign became impossible after I wiped out the first big NP base. The time limit killed me every time.
Be more specific. How big is "big"? Which NP base was it? If nothing else, you can usually get past missions simply by spamming lancers.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Kharos wrote:I then asked how to alter the shortcut, as it says, and no one gave a damn.
Probably more like "no one knew how to do it on Macs".
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kharos »

So, can someone tell me the command? And more importantly, can I put multiple flags, and if so, do I have to make any changes to the 'command lines' that are included, for example, remove the -- in every one after the 1st?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Kharos wrote:So, can someone tell me the command? And more importantly, can I put multiple flags, and if so, do I have to make any changes to the 'command lines' that are included, for example, remove the -- in every one after the 1st?
...did you read Command Line Options? http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CommandLineOptions

It tells you right there.

If you still don't know, well, here is a step-by-step guide:

Press Cmd+Space.

Type Terminal

Press Enter.

Type /Applications/Warzone.app/Contents/MacOS/Warzone --mod whatevermod.wz
(but replace whatevermod.wz with the name of your mod.)

Press Enter.

Yes, you can use multiple flags. Put them one after the other:

/Applications/Warzone.app/Contents/MacOS/Warzone --mod mod1.wz --mod mod2.wz --cheat
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

remove the -- in every one after the 1st?
The -- is part of the flag and is necessary. You can add multiple flags ( ex: command --foo --bar ) but realize that multiple mods may conflict with each other.
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kharos »

Fair enough. Cheers, I know I sound like a whiny bitch. I did read it, I'm just not much of a computer geek.