Units becomming Locked or None Usable!

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Units becomming Locked or None Usable!

Post by DraLUSAD »

Am not sure how to report a Bug properly, but this is far as i know how to send one for the time being.
I noticed in several Versions of the game when laying down orders, such as, Multiple build or attacking some buildings, certain units will get stuck/Locked into the map, when giving them new orders, they don't do anything, I've noticed to resolve this problem though, but needing to find the source.

When a unit gets locked, simply right click on them, and select the Shield (Defensive, or any other) and it should be able to move again.
Back and working on more maps than before.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Units becomming Locked or None Usable!

Post by Zarel »

Can you provide (attach) a savegame with a "locked" unit?
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

Its gonna prove difficult... i could upload a Video Clip to You tube and show it better, i dont know if you like the idea of that?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

What's hard about uploading a savegame? Just zip up the corresponding folder and file in the savegames/ file of Warzone's data folder.
Loscaldazar
Greenhorn

Post by Loscaldazar »

I know what he is talking about and you can't really capture it in anything but video. Uploading a saved game will automatically unlock the unit so you will not be able to see the error. Video is probably the only way to show it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Can you run in debug mode, use the "showorders" cheat, select the frozen unit, and screenshot that?
A4tech
Trained
Trained

Post by A4tech »

Yes this problem anoying. Most of units to get stuck is when it moving throw the water. Builder get stuck near the builded object. But i found little fix.: When builder stuck near object, just order him to repair the building, then you get un-stuck. With hover tanks i don't know how to fix that... :-S
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Can you run in debug mode, use the "showorders" cheat, select the frozen unit, and screenshot that?

(I'm going to repeat that until you actually do that. You do have to realize that I'm actually trying to fix this bug for you, a bit of cooperation would be nice... :stare: )
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

ohh, Debug mode.... please tell me how to do that, and i should be able to get the information for you easy, so i'm guessing a Video shot, is useless then
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

By "debug mode", I mean "cheat mode". Just use --cheat (see FAQ for details)
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

...right-Shift + backspace to enable in-game.

I've reported this bug in the latest version and think I have a pretty good bead on how to reproduce it,
will try to capture a savegame next time it happens..
truckspin
Greenhorn

Post by truckspin »

It happened to me a lot in the campaign, not in older versions though. My workaround was to save and reload, because I did not the aforementioned trick, so nobody will be able to provide a savegame with this problem.
smallfly
Trained
Trained

Post by smallfly »

i experience that very often in multiplayer online games ... sometimes it happens and afterwards nobody of the other players answer my chat messages any more. i look in the multiplayer menu and they are still all present. i think thats some kind of a hidden disconnect...
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

That's pretty crazy that it would actually cause the net-code to stop working, but wouldn't even show up in a campaign save-game...

...but then again it caused my Veteran Commander to "lose all rank" too so I guess anything's possible at this point O_O
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

smallfly wrote:i experience that very often in multiplayer online games ... sometimes it happens and afterwards nobody of the other players answer my chat messages any more. i look in the multiplayer menu and they are still all present. i think thats some kind of a hidden disconnect...
How do you know they are still connected? I tested with my laptops and when one game shuts down in a non-normal way it shows a icon after about one minute for the host.
If the host drops then the game is screwed up for everyone else. They should end the game on host drop.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.