Units becomming Locked or None Usable!

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Units becomming Locked or None Usable!

Post by Zarel »

Can someone do a showorders on the frozen units already?

D:

What appears to be the problem here?
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

-Kosh- wrote:How do you know they are still connected? If the host drops then the game is screwed up for everyone else. They should end the game on host drop.
I've actually seen "ghost connections" like this on other games where some buggy scripts or net-code cause a player to technically remain connected but their CLIENT stops relaying their inputs to the host. When it happened to me, I could move around anywhere in the level and watch my friends interact with eachother but I could no longer perform and actions b/c my "camera" position had become de-synched with my characters position and it's always because the server thinks you're "Stuck" or locked in place ...which ironically is exactly what's happening to our Unit in this situation.
Zarel wrote:Can someone do a showorders on the frozen units already?
D:
bugged_com1.jpg
This is the exact position it happened to me last time...
bugged_com2.jpg
...It seems to have something to do with the new less-efficient Pathing I've noticed throughout the campaign on this latest version of TRUNK. If there's ANY way possible to make a unit ignore Collision detection with other units (but Not structures! ...for obvious reasons) when its in "return for repair" mode... then I'd highly recommend implementing it immediately to bypass this voodoo bug b/c that seems to be atleast one of the components to this problem.

Meanwhile I'll test this some more and see if I can get some other outputs or indicators of what's happening

PS: I'd try and post the stderr log but there's so many "Assert in Warzone: pieblitfunc.c:166"'s in it that it almost Crashed Notepad++ ...if anyone knows what the hell is causing that error, could they PLZ post work around ASAP that'll make it stop spamming that message?
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

Ilr wrote: PS: I'd try and post the stderr log but there's so many "Assert in Warzone: pieblitfunc.c:166"'s in it that it almost Crashed Notepad++ ...if anyone knows what the hell is causing that error, could they PLZ post work around ASAP that'll make it stop spamming that message?
You running any mods? What is the full message of that assert?
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

Zero Mods...

Code: Select all

info    |05:04:57: [rebuildSearchPath] * Failed to remove path C:\Xapps\WZone/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |05:05:11: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
last message repeated 2 times

error   |06:11:05: [pie_ImageFileID] Assert in Warzone: pieblitfunc.c:166 (ID < ImageFile->NumImages), last script event: 'N/A'
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, it looks like it's a pathfinding bug, not an order/action bug. Per?
Ilr
Trained
Trained

Post by Ilr »

Yep, I think I have definitive proof of that now... and It's not just hovers either, I caught it happening over ground too.

...this happened accidentally and it almost lost me my commander to a single cyborg so I rushed a repair droid to him and started clearing the area around them...
TEST-8.zip
(146.88 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Go ahead and load it in the latest TRUNK build and then try to click any area in front of him. I tried and no matter of click spamming or changing orders or telling 'em to repair worked. ...but check out what happens when you click directly behind him just once...

When loaded up in ver 2.2, he instantly frees himself without any help from us.
WZWanderer
Greenhorn

Post by WZWanderer »

I think this bug happens to me too, quite often. "stuck unit bug." Didn't bother me that much, as I played WZ 'back in the day' and of course the original version had plenty of units getting stuck @ times! ;)

If it is the same one I am talking about, the quickest way I have found to recover from it, is to select the unit and press 'S' to 'hold position' ( 's for stop' works well as a mnemonic to remember the hotkey. ;) ). The next time you give it a move order, it will automatically go back to 'guard' mode.

Basically the same solution as stated above, just simplifies it to a single key press instead of having to open and mouse-click the panel. ;)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Can you also select unit, hit ctrl-m to show the unit's path, and take a screenshot of that? (This is for people that can do debug builds)
and it ends here.