Am I out of luck with getting Pie Slicer to work on Vista?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Am I out of luck with getting Pie Slicer to work on Vista?

Post by NEXUS »

As stated, Is there any way to get Pie Slicer to work on Vista Home Edition? if not then I'll have to use my way older Win98 computer for it.

Thanks in advance.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Am I out of luck with getting Pie Slicer to work on Vista?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

as long as you have all the relevent files i see no reason why vista shouldnt work with.

but then again i dont have vista.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

lots of programs won't run with default settings in Vista.
if you can't get it to run, first I recommend trying to run it as administrator, just right click on the shortcut or directly on the .exe and select "Run as administrator", I've been surprised of how many programs that crashed without giving me an reason would run in administrator mode. If that doesn't work, try the compatibility modes (right click on the executable or short cut, go to properties and compatibility, and try XP, 2000, 95 etc.). If that doesn't work, try combining administrator mode and compatibility mode. If that doesn't work either, then I have no idea. You could always install Windows 98 as a virtual machine or something.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Thank you fisk0! It came up as soon as I ran it as administrator. xD Thanks! Oh and Lav, count your self lucky you do not have Vista, It has had so many problems for me...I lost a lot of stuff due to it deleting it's hard drive...etc.

EDIT - now it is comming up with an error when I try to use the 3d textured view, but this may be due to a missing file...

The error is - Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object