Missing Menu textures

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Buzzard
New user

Missing Menu textures

Post by Buzzard »

I just downloaded this game for the first time, and when I started playing, there was a conspicuous lack of textures on the buttons in the menu in-game. I'll get pictures later, but essentially, everything was just black squares within the menu.

Edit: some more info. I am running the OS X version, with a Power PC processor rather than an Intel processor, so that may be why. After playing the game further, the buttons seem to appear occasionally, usually when info text appears or when there is a background image. Also of note is the failure of the satellite image to load on the main screen.

Edit2: I've uploaded some screenshots to better illustrate the problem.

This is a minor issue, quite honestly, as it doesn't really make the game unplayable. If I mouse over buttons, the descriptions still show up. However, while I do appreciate the fact that I'm memorizing the menus and hotkeys, albeit it by necessity, it's still annoying. It should be of note that from time to time the images DO display properly, but only for brief moments (for example, in the design menu, if I mouse over a part long enough for a name to appear, the picture will sometimes appear on it as well as other items).
Buzzard
New user

Re: Missing Menu textures

Post by Buzzard »

This is probably poor manners, but I figure I should bump this (despite it being the second topic) to get people to look at it again since I edited the OP with some more info to be a bit more specific about what's going on.
Phoenix666
Trained
Trained

Post by Phoenix666 »

resolution?
WZ vers?
Buzzard
New user

Post by Buzzard »

My resolution is 640x480, and the version is 2.1.1 OS X
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Hi, Buzzard. I normally don't post when I don't know what's going on, but not many people have replied and you seem rather anxious.

This is a rather serious issue; I'm glad it doesn't make the game unplayable for you, but it's definitely something we should fix if possible. However, none of our developers have PowerPC Macs, so we can't replicate your issue, which makes it a bit difficult to fix. In addition, I don't think our developers have enough time to work on this issue, so don't expect a fix soon. :( Sorry.
Buzzard
New user

Post by Buzzard »

Thanks for the reply. I figure the fact that the OSX version's been out for a while and nobody's found this means that it has something to do with either the Processor on my powerbook, or the outdated graphics card. I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but it's a bit finicky and I've managed to get graphics to appear occasionally. Thankfully, I'll be getting my macbook back from the repair shop soon so this problem will become irrelevant I hope, but I'm somewhat glad to know that I've unearthed a new issue that might have come back to bite you later somehow if you didn't know about it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Buzzard wrote:Thanks for the reply. I figure the fact that the OSX version's been out for a while and nobody's found this means that it has something to do with either the Processor on my powerbook, or the outdated graphics card. I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but it's a bit finicky and I've managed to get graphics to appear occasionally. Thankfully, I'll be getting my macbook back from the repair shop soon so this problem will become irrelevant I hope, but I'm somewhat glad to know that I've unearthed a new issue that might have come back to bite you later somehow if you didn't know about it.
Sorry, but this is almost always a gfx driver problem, and not warzone related at all.
and it ends here.