Need help with Cheating.

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with Cheating.

Post by Warmaster »

Greetings and thanks for probably the best WZ2100 version out there. :)
I've had the game downloaded from your site for a while now and it's very good.

I've played it through and am now looking into cheating my sorry ass through the game in any way I can.(big cool looking base is a priority) ::)
I discovered "CTRL+O" (best feature ever) and it indeed does help me build a nice looking Scavenger base for myself. ;D

But my question is, How does one get instant access to all the technologies in the game without having all those useless Scavenger things and Nuclear powerplants etc in his trucks build menu with the "give all" cheat??
I searched the net and found a "NoResearch.wdg"-mod but I didn't get that to work.

-edit-
Is there a button I can press in-game that would delete the selected structure from the build menu?
:D
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Need help with Cheating.

Post by DevUrandom »

Anything that ends in .wdg will NOT work with the current version. We removed the .wdg format in favour of the new, simple zip format (with our custom extension: .wz).
I'd also like to have a cheat to get me all researches, but I don't think it currently exists and apparently no one else needed it. Maybe I'll have a look... Or: Does someone else know how the cheating system works and could be extended with this cheat?

You want to delete a structure from the build _menu_ and not from the map? That's not possible AFAIK...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually - using the cheat mode makes you rely more and more on that aspect - and now when you go to play in a multiplayer (humans only game) just by force of habit - you will attempt to cheat - and will be instantly seen as such - due to the letter T for text message is a part of the activation for the cheats. t work harder.  completes all research being done at that moment... and we all know what happens then... :o ??? >:(

i have put the walk through on the wiki if you need some hints to do the campaign.  but the only thing that will last in the end is "practice, practice, practice..."
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

afaik, the easiest way to accomplish this is to rig up some wz script files -- in theory, all you'd need to do is change the script for mission #1 to preresearch all tech, but this might cause problems depending on how warzone deals with artifacts. perhaps troman or another scripter would know.

and beyond that, if you're finding the campaign hard, then taking shortcuts in research like that will very suddenly make the game way to easy, and you probably wont have any difficulty until the very last mission of campaign 3 -- in other words, it'd probably get really boring.

in addition to coyote's walkthrough, keep in mind that methodical use of artillery in warzone makes things a lot easier (don't forget to queue targets using ctrl+clicking), and veterancy really helps too -- the effects are subtle, but you'll notice that your veteran units last a lot longer.
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

Well, I completed the game without cheats. I know Sensors and Pepperpots/Hell Storms are effective.
TBH I found the last mission of the game probably the easiest, because by that time I had Nexus's Medium Body + Tracks + Pulse Lasers = 20 units is ownage.

Now I just wanna screw arround and make a cool-ass base :)
Looks and functionality :)

PS.
Don't worry about seeing me in multiplayer....I'm a sore loser and thus, for my own wellbeing, don't "multiplay" :D
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Warmaster wrote:Now I just wanna screw arround and make a cool-ass base :)
Looks and functionality :)
Be sure to get some nice screen shots for us to droll ;D
http://wz2100.net/wiki/lib/exe/mediamanager.php?ns=
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Alt-A enables all technology (have to enter debug mode first), no idea if it's the same as "give all" cheat though.
afaik, the easiest way to accomplish this is to rig up some wz script files -- in theory, all you'd need to do is change the script for mission #1 to preresearch all tech, but this might cause problems depending on how warzone deals with artifacts. perhaps troman or another scripter would know.
This would work too, but takes more effort.
?topic=1617.0
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

If Alt-A means Alt+A then it didn't work.
And I got no clue on what file to edit, how and with what.... :-[
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Warmaster wrote: If Alt-A means Alt+A then it didn't work.
And I got no clue on what file to edit, how and with what.... :-[
You have to enter debug mode first, with shift+backspace.
In order to be able to enter debug mode you must start WZ with --cheat switch.
?topic=1617.0
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

And, more important:
In order to be able to enter debug mode you must compile WZ with debugging enabled.
At least AFAIK...
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

I was in debug mode.
Used CTRL+O to lay some random Pulse Laser emplacements, but ALT+A didn't do anything for me.

CTRL+A seems to select every single combat unit you've made.

CTRL+L changes the color of distance fog, which is nice :)

Is there a place where I can read all the features of debug mode? I searched Wiki but didn't find.
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

ah and I donno what Compile means. I'm useless when it comes to computers, the tech and the vocabulary.  ;D
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Alt+A will only work if you compile SVN, I think it was added after 2.0.5 RC1.
?topic=1617.0