Transport problem for last beta mission..

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
astral
Rookie
Rookie

Transport problem for last beta mission..

Post by astral »

[SPOILER WARNING. Which should probably be obvious from the title anyway.]

I just took this out of another thread, because it seems like it's a bug after someone else said they had a related problem. I just hope it doesn't keep doing it so I can start gamma... I'll also add screenies if needed.
astral wrote: Erm...I think I might have found a seriously strange bug then.

*also spoilers*

I can only take 1 transport when I do the last beta mission, (am about 4 missions into gamma now.) and then something wierd happens : no new transport arrives, and I just watch the collective smashing my base up instead after the first has gone. Then, and here's the wierd bit : the 3 other transports start turning up when I'm at the new base location, but they have all highly ranked units in them, and I had none before. Like, heroes and other highly ranked ones. I just thought that I was getting extra help from the game when it happened though, and didn't think it was a bug. It was awesome though... So hasn't anyone else had this? If so and it's a bug, then I'll have to start gamma over again, because I don't want that extra help if it's not supposed to happen...

And : all of my previous things to research had been taken away, and I had nothing I could research apart from 2 new things. (can't remember what they were now though.) If this hasn't been seen before though I'll screenie it and post it in bugs or something.
edit : ok, here's the screenies :

1. The intro text that's white on a black background flashes up for a fraction of a second, and doesn't work properly like the other levels, and I go straight to this :

Notice how it says paused aswell?

2. I put 10 units in the transporter and it's on it's way, but it's still saying launch transport. It doesn't usually do this does it?

3. The collective arrive and smash my base (if you can call that a base. I'd taken all defences down to grab power after being short a good few times.) and units up, but still no new transport.

4. Is it supposed to be doing this when the level isn't over?

5. Arrived at gamma, and things loook normal for a bit, but then here comes transport number two, that I never even loaded because it didn't arrive :

6. And here we go. The highest rank I've ever had was professional I think, because I've not tried making ranked units on this first play, but look at these guys!

A final wierd thing is that apart from the engineering trucks, those units were never at my base to start with, and the blue cannon tanks (hyper velocity cannons?) had not been designed by me, or had that type of cannon even been researched. And as far as I remember, two more transports arrive, each with the same units.

Edit : and it looks like I'm stuffed from here apart from maybe taking the save file and reinstalling to see if that fixes it, because even when I go back to the previous level and start over, this happens every time.
Last edited by astral on 17 Apr 2008, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Transport problem for last beta mission..

Post by Purple Monkey »

Did you put a truck in that first transport? If not it could be the game giving you one, and not to make it too obvious it gives you a few units too (it also gave you 16k power). IMO it seams way too planned to be a bug.

I always made it till the timer ran out, I never knew that as long as one transport gets out you still "win".

(also get some assault guns to get rid of those pesky infantry)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Your both correct, this is planned, and this is also a bug.
I guess it didn't find something, and then it defaulted to the pre-planned stuff.

Which version of the game is this?  If this is for the BETA, then mods, please move this to the BETA 2.1 section.

If you can, try the new BETA builds, and see if it still happens.
and it ends here.
astral
Rookie
Rookie

Post by astral »

Pre-planned stuff? Just out of interest, how does that actually work? As for the version I'm using, it's the top one from the download page : warzone2100-2.1_beta2-r1.exe

So what I think I'll have to do now, seeing as I just can't seem to stop it from happening, is try in those 5 mins to get a factory or something set up, then recycle them as soon as they arrive. I wouldn't normally be bothered, but it just swings things way too much in my favour. Those heroes are insanely cool though!

edit : and purple monkey, you made it until the timer ran out? I didn't even think that was possible! I just assumed you had to get the hell out of there. Making it until the timer actually runs out though must be some battle. I don't think that's possible without going back and preparing an army with that save though, because I was as stretched as hell just trying to get the previous mission done. I didn't put a truck in that transport either, but I usually put 2 or 3 in. I just did that one for the screenies though.

Ah, that brings me to another possible bug here : If I remember rightly, in the mission proir to this you're told to set up a safe haven, wipe out the enemy, then return to the LZ. Well I just manage to scrape that mission with under two minutes left, and the mission ends as soon as I defeat the last enemy base, with no requests to return to the LZ. So that could possibly be linked.
Last edited by astral on 17 Apr 2008, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

This happens in the Original 1.10 too. Not the small bug with the "Lauch Transport", but you get these strong units, you never built and more transports you sent out.

It is something like the units you rescue in the Beta mission, that you didn't built as well.
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
astral
Rookie
Rookie

Post by astral »

Arghh, this has turned worse now, and is probably related to the first bug : some of my new units are now coming out of the factory as heroes and other ranks. Has anyone else experienced anything like this yet? If it's messed the save I'll maybe clear the savegame folder and start again anyway, then see if it happens the next time around. If it does though it's strange how no-one else has had this happen yet. Maybe someone should try with a newly downloaded build because it's been patched or something recently, and that's causing it somewhere?

I think it's time to try completing the game with the stable release.  ;D
Last edited by astral on 18 Apr 2008, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

o lol.
my transport number 4 arrive 5 second before the end :o
I arrive in the next mission build a base attack ennemy etc. and... suprise.
Your guy was here!!! i am obligated to recycle them because i use only soldier whit mantis. :( ;D
strange problem.
i think you have this problem because you dont have 4 transport full.
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)
astral
Rookie
Rookie

Post by astral »

Yeah, that might be what's triggering it. Anyway I ditched the testers version, not because it annoyed me, but because I was actually trying to finish the game for the first time, and didn't realise I had the testers version until I had this problem, because I didn't read the download page properly.

What the bug looks like though is one where your units are given ranks for some reason if you get extra given transports because you didn't last the whole of the last beta mission out. I just got back there on the stable version, and what happens is that the exact same units seem to be there, but they don't have the ranks, so it's just the ranks that seems to be the bug. (as the game provides you with units to help if you don't fill up 4 transports.)

So you get ranks on the extra transports if you didn't fill up all 4 and last the final beta level, but what also seems to happen in at least one instance, is that the bug carries through into gamma unit production, and some units roll out of the factory as heroes, etc. Hope this helps anyway.
Purple Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Purple Monkey »

Did you recycle the units you got given? Remember that your units experience is saved if your recycle, it a good reason to upgrade (recycle and rebuild) instead of replacing units. The best tactic in sp to get high ranks is to get a high number of kills for the commander (300~ Special, and you get 2 experience kills for each kill with it, one for him and one for the killer) and swap him with another unit under his command with recycle. You should get at least 5 Special ranked units per campaign.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

the only bad new that at campaign 3 at hard, your speial units will not survive a long time ;D
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)