Savegames & settings lost after update

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
truckspin
Greenhorn

Savegames & settings lost after update

Post by truckspin »

hello,

I updated to 4.2.0 through Microsoft Store. Now my savegames, settings and medals are gone.

Where can I find them?
kai
New user

Re: Savegames & settings lost after update

Post by kai »

Found in:
c:\Users\(...)\AppData\Local\Packages\(...)WZ2100Project.Warzone2100forWindows_(...)\LocalState\Warzone 2100 Project\
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

Savegames and settings from the 4.1.x versions are stored under the path mentioned above, in a "Warzone 2100 4.1" folder.

They can be manually copied to the new, non-versioned "Warzone 2100" folder. (You can find this more easily by opening the game, going to the "Options" menu, and clicking the small "Open Configuration Directory" link in the bottom left of the menu.)

From 4.2.0 onwards, stable releases of Warzone 2100 now use a non-versioned configuration directory. So your configuration, settings, save games, etc will be automatically available with future updates going forward.

(The only exception is mods - those are stored in versioned folders inside that configuration directory, as they very often require updates for compatibility with new releases.)
LoadtheOrig
Greenhorn

Post by LoadtheOrig »

First off, I have not been able to find the path noted above. the only "Warzone 2100 4.1 folder I have located is under Appdata\Roaming\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone. With NO version number after it, I have to manually change the folder to read what version I am using. I have versions 4.1.3, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, and 4.2.2 all installed.
Now I am NOT using C: drive for my games and my user data is on E: drive, so C shows NO path as showen in the above reply.
Any ideas??
LoadtheOrig
LoadtheOrig
Greenhorn

Post by LoadtheOrig »

]Second reply, still waiting for approval for my first reply. I have a screenshot of the path to my saved game files but no place I can post it.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

You can find every config directory by starting the game, going into options, and clicking on the marked link.
wz2100-20210316_210226-main.png
LoadtheOrig
Greenhorn

Post by LoadtheOrig »

Thanks, did not notice the small yellow wording there before, most likely did not look good enough.
Loadtheorig