Unable to change game's language in version 3.4.1

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
a-scarv
New user

Unable to change game's language in version 3.4.1

Post by a-scarv »

Hi. For some reason I'm unable to change the game's language in the newest build, which is something that wasn't happening in the one I had previously installed (3.2.3). Here's what happened: I uninstalled the previous version, installed the newer one, and when I booted it up the menus were set to the system's default (portuguese, in my case). I can select any language I want under the game options' menu, but all the text remains set to the system's default, as if nothing happened. I even tried changing all of Windows' local language settings to something else, but for whatever reason the game is still setting it to portuguese, so I don't know where it's getting the language reference from.

I'm using Windows 7, if that matters. I haven't tried replicating the error in a different computer, but I tried creating a separate user for testing it and avoided any special characters that could mess up the file pathing (like ã,ç, etc), and the error persists. Does anyone know what could be the problem here?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Unable to change game's language in version 3.4.1

Post by MaNGusT »

Try to download the portable version. If the problem will still exist then try manually change language in config file in wz directory to en.