Ancient Player needing help with Single Player Campaign

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
newhon63
New user

Ancient Player needing help with Single Player Campaign

Post by newhon63 »

Hello,

I am from way back in the day when Warzone 2100 was a new game. There were no mods, cheats, or anything like that.
Not sure where to put my request for help because from what I see everyone is all about altering the game and morphing it into what they want because it is now "Open code"

I got to the 3rd (I think) Transporter mission in the Single Player Campaign. Finally defeated the Scavengers there and recovered the Cannon research and the Automated Factory. the problem is it will not recognize that I am at the LZ ready to leave. I have tried everything I can think of so far and only have 3 minutes until the timer runs out. I saved it there hoping I can get some idea as to how to make it end the mission successfully without having to do it all over again.

Help me, Obi-Wan, you are my only hope.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Ancient Player needing help with Single Player Campaign

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

You'll want to use the recently released 3.3.0 beta here (or follow this + checking out the 3.3.0-beta1 tag if you run Linux). Your saves won't carry over, though, you won't have to worry about the several edge cases that plague victory conditions (usually from loading saves) in the 3.2 releases.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Ancient Player needing help with Single Player Campaign

Post by alfred007 »

Every level has a name shown at the bottom left (see the attached picture)
CAM_1A.jpg
Alpha 1, for example, is CAM 1_A. If you tell us this name we can tell you what to do. There are some levels with the winning condition to move back to the LZ, some where you have to annihilate all enemies and some with special conditions. If this is the third away mission it's Alpha 05 (SUB_1_3) and you have to annihilate all enemies. If there is at least one enemy left you can't win by moving back to the LZ. So give us the name of the level and we can tell you what you have to do to win the level.

And because of all the fixed bugs from 3.2.x versions, it's recommended to use 3.3.0 beta as Berserk Cyborg wrote.