Enemy forces attack from the east and north, or do they???

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Campaign Alpha (Arizona), I think it's Alpha 11 or 12...
Mission starts, but the 1 hour time runs out, and no enemy forces attack from anywhere...
End result? YOU FAILED!!!!
Weird, huh?

Doesn't happen all the time, but every third or fourth time I run through the missions, I always get stuck here and have to either start over from the beginning, or at least back up 2 or 3 missions and do a DO-OVER.
Frustrating, to say the least!!!
WZ2100 v3.1.1 on Linux Mint, by the way...
Attachments
5 Seconds Left .jpg
wz2100-20160411_175625-CAM_1A-C.jpg
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Enemy forces attack from the east and north, or do they?

Post by montetank »

Doruletz wrote:Enemy forces attack from the east and north, or do they???

Mission starts, but the 1 hour time runs out, and no enemy forces attack from anywhere...
Weird, huh?

Doesn't happen all the time, but every third or fourth time I run through the missions, I always get stuck here and have to either start over from the beginning, or at least back up 2 or 3 missions and do a DO-OVER.
Its the wrong place for the question here, but i will try to answer in my bad english.
The problem is: You prepared your defense too good in the missions before. Sounds stupid and it is. Its a kind of bug. You must give the enemy the chance to land with his reinforcements. One way is not to build defense structures on the plateau south of your base. Here the enemy will send some cyborgs. Easy to beat.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

"every third or fourth time I run through the missions" - how many times do you have to beat the game? I get done after 1-2 sittings
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Tzeentch wrote:"every third or fourth time I run through the missions" - how many times do you have to beat the game? I get done after 1-2 sittings
Tzeentch, you misunderstood...
It's not that I need more attempts to beat the game (as in try several times to get past one mission), it's just that every so often I run all the Campaign missions again, just for fun. Most of the time I play Skirmish games against AI, since my WZ version (3.1.1) won't let me connect online to play against other human players....
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

montetank wrote:
Doruletz wrote:Enemy forces attack from the east and north, or do they???

Weird, huh?

Its the wrong place for the question here, but i will try to answer in my bad english.
The problem is: You prepared your defense too good in the missions before. Sounds stupid and it is. Its a kind of bug. You must give the enemy the chance to land with his reinforcements. One way is not to build defense structures on the plateau south of your base. Here the enemy will send some cyborgs. Easy to beat.

montetank, you know what? I thought about the same possibility myself, and you are absolutely right.
Whenever I previously prepare solid defenses in known landing points of enemy forces, that's when I run into the situation described in my initial post.
Also, I sometimes run into another bug in one of the Gamma missions, don't know the exact number of it, but it's one of the AWAY MISSIONS where you go save a stranded Alpha team pined down by heavy enemy V-Tols and ground forces. The game is supposed to tell you if they are indeed part of old team Alpha, but sometimes, I reach them and nothing happens, I cannot free them from behind the tank traps, so time just runs out and I fail the mission...
I guess just like every other software/app, WZ has its own bugs that manifest sometimes.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Doruletz wrote: Also, I sometimes run into another bug in one of the Gamma missions, don't know the exact number of it, but it's one of the AWAY MISSIONS where you go save a stranded Alpha team pined down by heavy enemy V-Tols and ground forces. The game is supposed to tell you if they are indeed part of old team Alpha, but sometimes, I reach them and nothing happens, I cannot free them from behind the tank traps, so time just runs out and I fail the mission...
I guess just like every other software/app, WZ has its own bugs that manifest sometimes.
Well known problem. I couldn`t find a ingame solution to solve the problem for this mission.
BTW-In Alpha there is another "bug" with the reinforments-similar to the one you posted first. Read here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11621
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.