My warzone is running very slowly...

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

My warzone is running very slowly...

Post by suicideidiot123 »

It is extremly slow. I dont know what it is, but it is so bad its not running a single frame per second. Even in the main menu. I think its the music because i downloaded the demo a long while back from yahoo games and it ran smoothly. HELP! I miss the game and want to play! By the way, i want to play multiplayer with my friend but when i put in his ip adress, it doesnt show up. Oh well thats my problem. Where can i find a Decent server or something to play online with other people?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: My warzone is running very slowly...

Post by lav_coyote25 »

processor speed - and ram.

gfx processor speed and ram.

machine specs.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Without your hardware specs, we can't say much, like lav said.
If you have such a 'slow' machine, did you try turn shadows off?

(Ingame "alt+s" or with the starting flag "--noshadows")
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

Kamaze wrote: Without your hardware specs, we can't say much, like lav said.
If you have such a 'slow' machine, did you try turn shadows off?

(Ingame "alt+s" or with the starting flag "--noshadows")
A little offtopic:Just curious why the shadows become fps killer in wz2100?
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Watermelon wrote: A little offtopic:Just curious why the shadows become fps killer in wz2100?
Thiey are stencil buffer (realtime) shadows. And not very well optimized yet.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Even stencil shadows shouldn't be that slow. ;)
But I think it could be because of the way they are drawn, looping through all objects and doing lots of matrix multiplication and (re)loads.
NeHe has some tutorial on this, but I guess Rod knew, but couldn't apply it, because of the way the WZ engine works...
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

so wz is doing all these shadows calculations with cpu because of the relatively old render engine?
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

It is extremly slow. I dont know what it is, but it is so bad its not running a single frame per second. Even in the main menu.
The slowness in the menu means that Warzone is using software OpenGL. I guess either Warzone uses some OpenGL function your card/driver does not support, or something is wrong with your OS installation (assuming your system is OpenGL-capable, and fast enough for Warzone).
We want information... information... information.
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

Dell Dimension Desktop 1.7 Ghz with 640 mb of ram.

gfx=Intel 82845G Graphics Conroller(?)  64mb ram

It should run fine? I think so.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

it should.  you have the latest hardware drivers for the gfx card.?  Also is your dx uptodate?  dx9c was the last one for windows  i am assuming you have xp with service pack 2 and all recent updates.

from the looks of the hardware is should run fine.  seeing as the one rig i used when it first came out was a p200 intel. 
with a standard gfx card. :-[ then upgraded to a 3dfx card..  ;D

anyways.  check out the system updates and ensure your up to date. :)
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

>:( >:( I dont know what to do! There are no more updates left!

Anyway yes i have all the things i need but it just doesnt agree with me. (By the way its version 2.0.4) ...................

I tried no shadows but it made no difference. The file is the way it should be because i rienstalled it twice. I really didnt have time to redownload it because my download speed is 2 kilobytes per second.  :-[(well sometimes on a good day 3 :P) im so confused. Im running it in windowed mode so possibly its that. I tried to do fullscreen but it said...

"The name 'C:\Program Files\Warzone 2100\warzone2100.exe --fullscreen' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct.

Perhaps i did this incorrectly.
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

;D ;D ;D I DID IT!!!!!! For some reason, when i finnaly figuered out how to switch to fullscreen, it ran fine. Sure, there are some brief pauses here and there, but its a start. And i dont hear music or gunshots :(
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok... is a start... but, i hate to be the bringer of bad news.... turf 204 and get 205 - 204 had so many bugs in it - it wasnt funny.  205 is a lot more stable... and should work right away.

make sure to uninstall all of 204 including the file folder where it installed.  i know is a pain in the butt... but will actually be better for you.
MADBAD
New user

Post by MADBAD »

Hello from Italy.
suicideidiot123 wrote: It is extremly slow. I dont know what it is, but it is so bad its not running a single frame per second. Even in the main menu. I think its the music because i downloaded the demo a long while back from yahoo games and it ran smoothly. HELP! I miss the game and want to play! By the way, i want to play multiplayer with my friend but when i put in his ip adress, it doesnt show up. Oh well thats my problem. Where can i find a Decent server or something to play online with other people?
I've installed this wonderfull game today  :D
I''m having the same problem that suicideidiot123 has.
I've tried the --fullscreen and the --noshadows flags (also toghether) but nothing happen.
I'm running an
AMD Athlon 64 (3600+)
ram 2 gigabyte
gfx: ATI Radeon X800 SE
OS: Fedora Core 5 (not really updated because of my 56k connection  :-\ )

Warzone2100 2.0.5 RC1

Please help me!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

suicideidiot123 wrote: >:( >:( I dont know what to do! There are no more updates left!
Anyway yes i have all the things i need but it just doesnt agree with me. (By the way its version 2.0.4) ...................
I tried no shadows but it made no difference. The file is the way it should be because i rienstalled it twice. I really didnt have time to redownload it because my download speed is 2 kilobytes per second.  :-[(well sometimes on a good day 3 :P) im so confused. Im running it in windowed mode so possibly its that. I tried to do fullscreen but it said...
"The name 'C:\Program Files\Warzone 2100\warzone2100.exe --fullscreen' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct.
Perhaps i did this incorrectly.
"C:\Program Files\Warzone 2100_205_rc1\warzone2100.exe" --mod grim.wz --fullscreen --viewport 1280x1024

or

"C:\Program Files\Warzone 2100_205_rc1\warzone2100.exe" --fullscreen --viewport 1280x1024

make sure to include the spaces between the last "  and the -- 's   

your shortcut should resemble the above shortcut...(your path / screen resolution may be diferent).
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 15 Oct 2006, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.