[Ubuntu] Vehicle bugs

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Airwolf5110
New user

[Ubuntu] Vehicle bugs

Post by Airwolf5110 »

Hi everyone,

First, I apologize if I don't explain myself so good. I'm just a 18 years-old french computing enthusiast. But i'll try my best :D

So, I came here because I have some problems playing Warzone 2100.

I downloaded this wonderful game trough Ubuntu Software Centre ( warzone2100 2.3.8-1ubuntu1 ).

My setup :

TOSHIBA l750-20w laptop ( i3 380M, 6Gb RAM, Intel integrated graphics controller )

Elementary OS 0.2 "Luna" up to date thanks to http://forum.elementaryos-fr.org/

I started to play the tutorial, then a little skirmish. No problems to notice at this moment.

But after that, i started to play the campaign mode. A the 3rd mission, I have to take my armoured car on a transporter, and defeat an ennemy base.
But the big problem is that I cannot create more advanced units at all. If I combine the Cobra chassis, with weels and anything up to the machine gun, like a light howitzer, a flame thrower or a heavy/double MG, my units are created just next to my factories, but they do not respond to my orders : they run very slowly to the bottom of the map, and I really can't do anything without these units at this part of the game.

After that all, I hope you could help me fixing that bug.

Thanks !

Regards, Airwolf5110
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: [Ubuntu] Vehicle bugs

Post by Tzeentch »

"I downloaded this wonderful game trough Ubuntu Software Centre ( warzone2100 2.3.8-1ubuntu1 )."

so the version you're using is 2.3.8? I think you should download the latest 3.1.2.

mission 3 the first away mission, building units at the LZ I'm guessing? Never even thought of that..
Airwolf5110
New user

Post by Airwolf5110 »

Exactly, version 2.3.8. I did not find any PPA for the latest version ...

And no, I'm building units away from the map ( and then I place them in the transporter they come by )
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Airwolf5110 wrote:Exactly, version 2.3.8. I did not find any PPA for the latest version ...
recently i saw people use playdeb to install latest warzone, although last time i check they still use 3.1.1
i am not sure why we haven't had any ppa server tho
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2.3.8 is like 4-5 years old. Seriously, nobody remembers what bugs used to be there back then, and i'm not sure it is even possible to run it on a modern linux distribution without downgrading a huge bunch of dependencies.
Airwolf5110
New user

Post by Airwolf5110 »

Okey, I see, I didn't knew that :lol2:

I think I should try " playdeb " and install latest version.
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

Have you tried building from the source?