No sound in PCLinuxOS

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
k4ever
Greenhorn

No sound in PCLinuxOS

Post by k4ever »

I'm running PCLinuxOS 2007 with the latest updates (as of this afternoon).  I downloaded and installed several versions of warzone 2100 (2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8rc1, and the daily trunk).  I've created a .openalrc file like some of the users in this forum have suggested.  I've removed my .warzone2100 directory. I've even killed all sound servers (artsd, esd, etc..), yet I can't get the sound to work for any version of warzone 2100.  This is frustrating.  Can someone please help!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: No sound in PCLinuxOS

Post by Buginator »

k4ever wrote: I'm running PCLinuxOS 2007 with the latest updates (as of this afternoon).  I downloaded and installed several versions of warzone 2100 (2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8rc1, and the daily trunk).  I've created a .openalrc file like some of the users in this forum have suggested.  I've removed my .warzone2100 directory. I've even killed all sound servers (artsd, esd, etc..), yet I can't get the sound to work for any version of warzone 2100.  This is frustrating.  Can someone please help!
You get any errors/warnings in the logs?  If so, post those.

What kind of hardware you got?

Have you played other openAL games?
and it ends here.
daskalos
New user

Post by daskalos »

I had the same problem. I have compiled and installed the version from the svn (not the daily snapshot)
k4ever
Greenhorn

Post by k4ever »

All other OpenAL games (like scorched3d) work with no problems.  I'm not getting any output when I run the game from a terminal.  Is there any way to run the game in debug mode?  My motherboard is an Abit AV8 Third Eye with integrated Via VT8233 sound.  I also compiled the game from svn with no luck.