Can't load savegame in ubuntu gutsy

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
patdeitzel
New user

Re: Can't load savegame in ubuntu gutsy

Post by patdeitzel »

Read the other post again, index.php?topic=1152.msg10272, and took Per's suggestion of running /sbin/ldconfig and that seemed to get the game running.
Heafstaag
New user

Post by Heafstaag »

so hey can someone  just say the main problem what is going on ?
and how can I get this game roll 
I'm running  amd64, 7600 GT, Gutsy

I tried these no sound things and windowed not working :( and that  what reads on last two pages  are like hebrew to me
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Heafstaag wrote: so hey can someone  just say the main problem what is going on ?
and how can I get this game roll 
I'm running  amd64, 7600 GT, Gutsy

I tried these no sound things and windowed not working :( and that  what reads on last two pages  are like hebrew to me
Sure thing.  amd64, so I assume you are running a 64bit OS?
If so, all the 2.0.x versions will NOT work correctly.

You must install/compile the svn trunk version instead yourself.

The one that is in ubuntu's repo is very outdated, and I don't know when they will update it.
And if they do update it, I don't know if it is the version (trunk) that support a 64bit OS.
and it ends here.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Actually it is more like "you can't compile a working 64bit version of 2.0"... You can run a 32bit binary on a 64bit system in emulation mode, no problem.
But the problem with the Ubuntu package is probably that it contains an old and broken snapshot from our trunk (which is expected to be sometimes broken, which is why I'd consider it unsafe for distros to distribute it). You should use 2.0.9 for now, till we officially release 2.1.
kaynemo
New user

Post by kaynemo »

Buginator wrote: I am a noob to linux as well. :)
I forget to ask what version of WZ people are running.  I am using the svn trunk version.  That is the version I work on, and which  the patches I did are available for.

To get the trunk version,

Make a directory where you want wz.
cd to that directory
now do:  svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk
After it gets everything, then you do the following commands:
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-debug=yes
make
sudo make install

Note, you might get some errors with either autogen.sh or configure.  Just means you have to download the headers & libs of all the libraries that this project uses.  Things like physfs, quesoGLC, and other ones.

Then once that is done, just follow what I wrote above, and it should be simple enough to do.

This doesn't work for me :( I can get the url in the browser but not the terminal application to connect - thus no install/download anyway around this?
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

kaynemo wrote: This doesn't work for me :( I can get the url in the browser but not the terminal application to connect - thus no install/download anyway around this?
you can use rapidsvn if you are not convenient with the commandline svn,just search for it in synaptic tools or do a aptitude search in console and install it,it should appear in 'programming tools' menu after an successful installation.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

There is also kdesvn and some Tortoise-style integration into Konqueror, afaik in kde-base/kdesdk-kioslaves.
And Gna's svnserve is sometimes just down... I've been told webdav via http:// still works in those cases. (svn+ssh does for sure.)