Producing transporters on 3.2+

For AI and campaign script related discussions and questions
NoQ
Special
Special

Producing transporters on 3.2+

Post by NoQ »

Since i defined my scavenger helicopter to be a transporter rather than VTOL, i wonder how exactly our old trouble #3133 with borg engineer production will look regarding to this.

The only difference between a VTOL and a transporter is their droidType. But droidType parameter can't be passed to buildDroid() any longer.

If there were no scavenger helicopters in my mind, you would have guessed the correct droidType by looking at the body being built. But it's a bad idea to hard-code those bodies when i want to add more transporter-type units via mods :P
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Producing transporters on 3.2+

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:Since i defined my scavenger helicopter to be a transporter rather than VTOL, i wonder how exactly our old trouble #3133 with borg engineer production will look regarding to this.

The only difference between a VTOL and a transporter is their droidType. But droidType parameter can't be passed to buildDroid() any longer.

If there were no scavenger helicopters in my mind, you would have guessed the correct droidType by looking at the body being built. But it's a bad idea to hard-code those bodies when i want to add more transporter-type units via mods :P
:hmm:
Isn't that asking for problems ?
There are much more differences between those two types than just the droid type. There are lots of things hard coded that are only meant for transporters.
I also don't think you want that scav helicopter to be a transporter, since then, it can fit 10 units in it...
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

vexed wrote:I also don't think you want that scav helicopter to be a transporter, since then, it can fit 10 units in it...
I want it to be a transporter so that it didn't need to reload and could accept DORDER_SCOUT orders.
Putting units (BaBaPeople) in it is a good idea too btw.

But it's not the problem. The problem is that currently i can't produce a transporter-type droid at all on master via JS.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, curiously enough, this question has an answer. Add

Code: Select all

droidType = TRANSPORTER
to the chopper body description in body.ini, ???, PROFIT. The droidType is now auto-detected as transporter. That is why producing regular transporters always worked well.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Is there a page somewhere that describes body.ini? If not, it might be worth creating one.

There seems to be an ongoing increase in the number of people becoming interested in modding the game and such docs would likely help onramp them to productive modding.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

aubergine wrote:Is there a page somewhere that describes body.ini? If not, it might be worth creating one.
If you make one, I'd be happy to add what I know to it.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Per wrote:
aubergine wrote:Is there a page somewhere that describes body.ini? If not, it might be worth creating one.
If you make one, I'd be happy to add what I know to it.
https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/mod/body.ini
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

flameModel: The 3D model (PIE) filename for the VTOL jet effect for that body.

size: How 'big' the body is.

LIGHT
MEDIUM
HEAVY
SUPER HEAVY

This determines which 3D propulsion model will be used when a propulsion component is added to the body.
(propulsion for each body is defined in bodypropulsionimd.txt)
This determines what sort of factory (number of modules) a specific type of body can be produced from, and also determines how big its 'collision model' is. (acts like a collision model between droids, spawn in a bunch of viper bodied droids with the viper set to SUPER HEAVY and they'll keep quite a big distance form one another)

The SUPER HEAVY body size is used by the campaign transport. And units of this body type can only be produced by a factory with a further module over the initial two. This could be done by using the debug menu to try and build a module on a fully upgraded factory. Said factory would then be able to produce SUPER HEAVY units (don't know if this still works).

Strings with asterisks around them are 'Don't translate these', usually for strings the player will never see, e.g., unused research or map features.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Thanks - updated :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

There's also a body.txt - what's that about, it looks like it duplicates some of the stuff in body.ini?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

body.txt doesn't exist in master; body.ini replaced it.
body.txt is still there in 3.1 though.
droidType field is not present in body.txt, and it is not needed in 3.1, for the reasons mentioned above.