While I'm at it.. here's my old Gothtiles set.

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

While I'm at it.. here's my old Gothtiles set.

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Something I made in 2002. Have fun!

GPL 2.0 licence.
gothtiles.png
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Re: While I'm at it.. here's my old Gothtiles set.

Post by BlueMaxima »

Interesting tileset...I'd consider making a map with it.
Bring back...ducks!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Tile Mip-Maps still have to be made for the v.2.3.x binary. (A bit of a PITA I found the one time I did it.)

Then there is the matter of the new v.3.0 Renderer - I'm not sure, but I don't see how these would make the transition (that is without removing a good chunk of tiles). With the original retail renderer you could do what Member HB pioneered with his Ariza tiles & maps back in June '99 - make structs out of terrain tertiles - but the way v.3.0 terrain renderer works, I don't see that as possible anymore - though I could be completely wrong. (These are all the reasons why my RJ Tertile set will remain 16 bit and never make the transition.)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yep, I've made the various sizes and folders for them (they replace tertilesc1-hw), but the file size (13.8 mb) is rather prohibitive so I didn't bother uploading that part.

I've been following the discussions for the 3.0 renderer and I've been playing the trunk version, and those tiles look great. I'll try to come up with something for that version later on.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Yep, I've made the various sizes and folders for them (they replace tertilesc1-hw), but the file size (13.8 mb) is rather prohibitive so I didn't bother uploading that part.

I've been following the discussions for the 3.0 renderer and I've been playing the trunk version, and those tiles look great. I'll try to come up with something for that version later on.
Cool. :) You can UL the Mip Maps to FileDropper & post the link here. That would allow for mappers to jump right in and use your set (assuming they know how to deal with FlaMe first) - or pretty much, as most won't make those mip-maps.

As for the v.3.0 renderer - I was mainly thinking about the tiles with straight lines & right angles, they won't transition as such for structure purposes.

I like 'em, btw. :) Miss custom tertiles. :(

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Awesome, nice and simple file dump site. :D

http://www.filedropper.com/gothtiles (13.6mb)

Contains:

- 16, 32, 64, 128 and 256 px sizes as a drop-in replacement for tertilesc1hw folders (backup your originals first!)
- 64 px native folder (the original size)
- gothtiles.pcx for Editworld 16-bit users
- gothtiles.png for Editworld 32-bit and flaME users
- Licence.txt (GPL 2.0)
- README.txt containing info and stuff.

Permission given to modify/include as desired. Really, you won't offend me. :D
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Oh, and here's a sample flaME map that uses the tiles (you need to rename tertilesC1.png to something else, then rename gothtiles.png to tertilesC1.png for it to work).

[The extension lnd has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

(right-click, save as)

It's more meant as a demonstration of them in use. When I've actually compiled the map and played it, tiles 80 on up don't get displayed in-game for some reason.
MidSection.jpg
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Something I made in 2002. Have fun!

GPL 2.0 licence.
2002 ? Long time Warzone user I see... :)

Thanks for the tilesets.
and it ends here.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Oh sure, I've been playing since '99. Beta-tested Strata's WZCK (I'm still in the credits, even -- whee!), did a lot of brainstorming for Total Warzone and stuff. In *fact*, I *still* have all the material for Warzone 2120 that I was given, and I'll make it available if given permission (since it's not my own stuff). Not that I'm sure who to even ask to GET permission. *shrug*
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Did I read the magical word "warzone 2120"?
Could you tell us about this stuff you have? How far did they get? What prevented it from being finished?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

Jorzi wrote:Did I read the magical word "warzone 2120"?
Could you tell us about this stuff you have? How far did they get? What prevented it from being finished?
in fact, many of the new data assets that were to be used in wz 2120 were put into mod v.1.11 and mod v.1.12 and have also been put into the NTW Mod that is part of the current distro (to the extent that without it there would be no such mod, at least as we know it).

the main reason wz 2120 was not finished was a lack of campaign scripting man power. there are some other new assets from wz 2120 that remain unreleased but they are not major at all (like maps) and subsequent changes to the source have made their transition to currency unfeasible. besides, the folks who created those other assets wish them to remain unreleased.

as a matter of historical accuracy, wz 2120 was first conceived in July 1999 and was supported by Pumpkin in word and deed for years, even when they became Pivotal Games.
:lecture:

"Almost all our faults are more pardonable than the methods we resort to, to hide them." - Duc de la Rochefoucauld
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

thankyou rman.
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

lav_coyote25 wrote:thankyou rman.
haha. :lol2: we share much common ground and are yet worlds apart. i'll be sure to pass it on. :3
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

cumandgetit wrote:
haha. :lol2: we share much common ground and are yet worlds apart. i'll be sure to pass it on. :3
??? what??? dunno what your on about - was thanking rman for something in the past. O_o
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

cumandgetit wrote:haha. :lol2: we share much common ground and are yet worlds apart. i'll be sure to pass it on. :3
lav_coyote25 wrote:??? what??? dunno what your on about - was thanking rman for something in the past. O_o
ah. my mistake. sorry. i misunderstood. :hmm: